5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 23, 2014 10:56 AM by Stosheska

Error when activating 3D-raytracer with GPU

Stosheska

Good afternoon, I purchased After Effects CC and I have a bug.

Error "5070 :: 12" and "5070 :: 2" When I try to connect 3D-raytracer with GPU. I have Nvidia graphics card "GeForce GTX 850m" 4GB.

I added it to the file "raytracer_supported_kards."

Windows 8.1 single language, ram 16GB, all the latest updates. How can I solve this problem?

Sorry but I have a Russian version)

Настройки.jpg

• 1. Re: Error when activating 3D-raytracer with GPU
          Todd_Kopriva Level 8

> I added it to the file "raytracer_supported_kards."

Don't do that.

If you want to try to use an unsupported GPU for this feature, just check the box for enabling unsupported GPUs.

But, note that because this is an unsupported GPU, you will get no assistance in trying to get past any errors. That's what 'unsupported' means.

Also, why are you even trying to do this? There are much better ways of working with 3D in the current version of After Effects. The ray-traced 3D renderer is an obsolete feature that is being supplanted by Cinema 4D integration. After Effects now comes with Cinema 4D:

details of CINEMA 4D integration with After Effects

• 2. Re: Error when activating 3D-raytracer with GPU
            Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Since Cinema 4D comes free with After Effects, I would suggest using it instead of the ray-traced renderer to create 3d in AE. Granted, there are some differences, but C4D is much more powerful and it seems to be the direction Adobe is going with their development. They have said that they don't plan to continue any more work on the ray-traced renderer and C4D interaction with AE is getting more developed with each update. For your future work, it would be best to learn how to work with C4D and AE rather than an obsolete feature.

details of CINEMA 4D integration with After Effects CC

That being said, make sure you update your graphics card drivers.

What exact version number of After Effects are you using? Is it 13.1.1? 12.2.1? 13.0.2?

With the latest version of After Effects (internal version 13), you shouldn't need to add your card to the .txt file. You can just tick the "use unsupported gpu" box in the preferences (however it's worded in your version).

(Edit: I see Todd types faster than I do)

• 3. Re: Error when activating 3D-raytracer with GPU
              Stosheska Level 1

Todd_Kopriva, SzalamThanks for the replies.

I put a tick "use unsupported gpu" box, but the same error.

Changed the text file, as is a universal solution from the Internet, which many people are working)

I know about integration with Cinema 4d, but now there is no way to purchase it separately. In the future planned.

Just want to see everything in the program worked. version 13.1.1.3

Card driver updated today.

• 4. Re: Error when activating 3D-raytracer with GPU
                Todd_Kopriva Level 8

> I know about integration with Cinema 4d, but now there is no way to purchase it separately.

Cinema 4D is included with After Effects.

• 5. Re: Error when activating 3D-raytracer with GPU
                  Stosheska Level 1

Thank you, figured out! This is very cool. Two months did not know, upset!))