2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 23, 2014 10:45 AM by the addled cowgirl

How can I get PE to render only the media in my movie?

the addled cowgirl Level 1

Disclaimer:  I am a novice and technologically disadvantaged....plus I'm old.

I have PE7, which is old, I know.  I am editing video and when I go to render it (it seems choppy) it renders something like 61 video clips when there are only 10 video clips in my movie.  Anyway I can get it to render JUST the ones I need?  It's taking 7 hours and I need it done now.

Also, if I DON'T render it, can it still look decent on the final product?

• 1. Re: How can I get PE to render only the media in my movie?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

addled cowgirl

The bottom line:

..... please detail what you are seeing in your render dialog when the program is doing a

Timeline rendering of your red lined Timeline content.

Longer Detail Version:

Timeline rendering is a preview feature that does not fix anything. All it does is give you an idea of what you have and wants to give you the best possible preview. You do not have to do this type of rendering. The "but" is that this is your window of opportunity to catch a problem sooner than later.

When the render dialog comes up, what is it actually saying in the render dialog.......

Rendering __of___Video Previews

and underneath that

Rendering frame _____of_______

How many clips do you have on that Timeline - 10?

At first I thought you wanted to know how to render just a selected few of the Timeline clips rather than all of them. I can tell you how to do that and

go into great detail of that. That involves

a. in the Edit workspace, setting the gray tabs of the Work Area Bar to span just the clips you want rendered

Render.JPG

The above is from Premiere Elements 11, not 7, but the principles are the same with regard to what I mean

by render indicator line (in your case red instead of orange) and gray tabs of the Work Area Bar, Your

version does not have a Render button. You could just hit the Enter key of the computer main keyboard if

you have Timeline content with a red line over it (that means the program is not giving you the best

possible preview to let you know what you really have). If necessary, I post some screenshots specific to your version (7).

But, for now, please detail what you are seeing in your render dialog when the program is doing a

Timeline rendering of your red lined Timeline content.

Any questions or need clarification, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: How can I get PE to render only the media in my movie?
            the addled cowgirl Level 1

Thank you for your quick response.  You did ferret out what I really needed to know. Thanks!  Thanks!  Thanks! 

Great experience with this forum!