5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 24, 2014 6:47 PM by A.T. Romano

Why won't my Premier Elements 13 video production run when I push the play arrow?  It worked yesterday.

Sage Elements

Premier Elements 13

I am in the process of making a movie with Premier Elements 13; it has been functioning fine--until today. For some reason, it no longer plays when I press the play arrow button to preview recent additions to the script.  I have rendered the files.  I have exited the program and reopened it.  I have turned the computer off and on.  None of his helps.  Any suggestions?

• 1. Re: Why won't my Premier Elements 13 video production run when I push the play arrow?  It worked yesterday.
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Sage

What computer operating system is Premiere Elements 13 running on?

For now, I will assume Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit computer.

If you press the spacebar instead of the play button underneath the Edit area monitor,

does the Timeline Indicator move left to right for its content's playback?

If you start a new project, does the problem exist?

Let us try deleting the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file and, if that does not work, then the

whole 13.0 Folder in which it exists.

Local Disk C

Users

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the 13.0 Folder is the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file that you delete. If that does not

work, then you delete the whole 13.0 Folder in which the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file

exists. Be sure to be working with Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives active

so that you can see the complete path cited.

Let us start here and then decide what next.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Why won't my Premier Elements 13 video production run when I push the play arrow?  It worked yesterday.
            Sage Elements Level 1

ATR,

Thanks for your reply and comments.

My Premier Elements program 13 is running on a 64 bit computer with Windows 8.1, with all drivers updated—I think.

When I press the space bar instead of the play button, still no movement at all.

When I created a new video with just a couple of pictures, still no luck getting the play button or spacebar to work.

So far, I have not found the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file, even with your instructions.  When I get to "roaming" there is no file for Adobe in that folder.

Another clue:  When I began to add narration, the microphone did not work, so I changed some settings relating to audio and recording.  The problem with the play button began, I think, as a result my getting the mike to work.  But since I am not exactly sure what I changed, I can’t go back and reset those settings.

BTW, when I close PE 13 and open PE 11, everything that I created in 11 works fine.  That is, the play button advances the time line indicator, as it should.  So, the problem seems to not be in my computer settings, but something unique to PE 13.

Dave [Sage—but not feeling very sage-like at the moment.  ;-)  ]

• 3. Re: Why won't my Premier Elements 13 video production run when I push the play arrow?  It worked yesterday.
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Dave

Glad that you got the play button and space bar to work. Could you post a screenshot of what exists at this time under

Edit Menu/Preferences/Audio Hardware and under its ASIO for Input and Output if that is where you were changing settings related

to audio and recording.

In all that you were doing in your troubleshooting, did you ever get around to deleting the Premiere Elements 13 Editor's Adobe Premiere

Elements Prefs file, and, if that did not help, then the whole 13.0 Folder in which the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs exists?

Although it is great that the problem is resolved, it would be good to know the whys behind it happening.

Do you recall if you had the same problem if you opened a new project when you were having problems with the project that you were in?

Right now, enjoying your success.

Best wishes

ATR

• 4. Re: Why won't my Premier Elements 13 video production run when I push the play arrow?  It worked yesterday.
                Sage Elements Level 1

ATR,

At the time of my last message, only Premiere Elements 11 was working correctly.  But since the time of my last post, I found the Prefs file...it was in a different location.  I deleted it, and the problem was resolved!

I did NOT have to delete the entire folder which contained the Prefs file, just the one file was deleted and that solved the problem.

Do you know what caused the Prefs file to become the "bad guy?"  And how do I prevent that in the future?

Thinking back when Elements 13 was not working properly...yes, the problem existed with new projects, as well as with existing projects.

Thanks for the solution...

Dave

• 5. Re: Why won't my Premier Elements 13 video production run when I push the play arrow?  It worked yesterday.
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Dave

Wonderful news.

Not sure what corrupts the settings file...when it does become corrupt, it manifests itself in all sorts of unbelievable ways.

One time, I could not insert a background into a menu in disc menus, another time something else completely unrelated.

So, good to include deletion of the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file (or, if needed, the whole folder in which it exists) in

our troubleshooting tool box.

You did a great job in sorting through the troubleshooting. Glad you are moving forward with your Premiere Elements projects.

Best wishes

ATR