3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 23, 2014 5:59 PM by A.T. Romano

Saved MP4 video is 4 times larger than original -only removed 3 minutes of video

kjkroha

Did not add music, extra tracks, etc- only cut off the first three minutes.  Original file was 891 MB, saved video 3.1GB.
      I need to save it as an mp4.

Settings, suggestions MOST appreciated!

Thanks!

• 1. Re: Saved MP4 video is 4 times larger than original -only removed 3 minutes of video
          A.T. Romano Level 7

kjkronha

What version of Premiere Elements and on what computer operating system is it running?

Most likely a mismatch of original bitrate and compression with the selections that you made in the export settings of your project.

But, the answers will be in the details, so more details please.

Original

Video and Audio compression

Frame size and Frame rate

interlaced or progressive

file extension

pixel aspect ratio

bitrate

Export

Assuming Premiere Elements 11, 12, or 13

Publish_Share

Computer

and then what

If AVCHD, what did you select for Presets?

And, did you go with the default settings for the Preset or customize the export setting under the

Advanced Button/Video Tab and Audio Tab of the preset? What were your export settings?

Please review and consider and then we can sort out what needs to be done. Do you have any

requirements given to you for this project as to file size.

Looking forward to your follow up.

Thank you.

ATR

• 3. Re: Saved MP4 video is 4 times larger than original -only removed 3 minutes of video
            A.T. Romano Level 7

kjkroha

Thanks for the update on the file size of the original.

Interesting.

Nonetheless what are the answers for all the questions that I asked so that I can get a clearer perspective

of what might have happened to take an import of 891 KB to 3.1 GB.

It would be interesting to know what a video audio properties readout program would show for the bitrate of

the 3.1 GB file. Since you have not yet posted the Premiere Elements version and computer operating system

information yet, I will guess you have Windows and will post the link for MediaInfo Windows for use for video

properties readout.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/mediainfo/

But, you should be able to get that information by looking at the bitrate settings in the export settings that you used for your Premiere Elements export.

When you mentioned KB and MB, I am assuming that you mean kilobytes (KB) and megabytes (MB) and not

kilobits (kb or Kb) and megabits (Mb).

Thanks for the follow ups.

ATR