3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 24, 2014 11:11 AM by JJMack

help with swapping faces CS6

roarin_norman

Screenshot - 23_10_2014 , 11_15_29 PM.jpg

I have been following tutorials on how to swap faces on a body in CS6. All goes well until the same place each time I try.  When I select the new face and try to autoblend over the old All that happens is as screen captured below.

As you see it does not blend and empty background just gets bigger/ or  the copied face gets smaller.

I can not work out what I am doing wrong. I hoped that somebody else might have come up against the same problem and have a suggestion for me.

Thank you for your assistance.

• 1. Re: help with swapping faces CS6
          JJMack Most Valuable Participant

Its your masking doing it. you mask off to much in the background copy layer.  That layer should not be masked at all. If you turn on the background layer you will see the transparent area fill back in. Paint more white in you black mask face layer. It also looks like your face layer will need to be transformed in size and rotated a bit

• 2. Re: help with swapping faces CS6
            roarin_norman Level 1

Mr Mack,  Thank you for your reply. I think I understand what you say but I

am not sure what step I am doing wrong. This is the tutorial I follow,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5SGw8izxMY

I am not sure what step is wrong. My problem is I follow exactly the

instructions but do not fully understand what I am doing. I follow and copy

but do not understand what it is I do. Sorry for my English I hope you

understand. Thank you for your time. If you are able maybe you can watch

the tutorial and tell me what is wrong.

Thank you very much Kiersten

• 3. Re: help with swapping faces CS6
              JJMack Most Valuable Participant

I look at that from what is see it look like you expanded the selection istead of contracting the selection 5 pixels so you deleted to many pixels from the background copy