4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 25, 2014 12:38 AM by ForewarnedFilms

AE crashes every time I quit application

media_pending

When I am done for the day and go to close AE CC2014 (release 13.1.1), I get a crash report with the screen below.  Standard layout with 1 additional ScriptUI panel (Ease and Wizz) open.

Project saves fine, but when I Quit, I get an error and crash log without fail.  Only started doing it with the new update.

Any ideas?

Screen Shot 2014-10-23 at 2.34.17 PM.png

• 1. Re: AE crashes every time I quit application
          Todd_Kopriva Level 8

What if you don't have the ScriptUI panel open?

• 2. Re: AE crashes every time I quit application
            media_pending Level 1

It closes fine. 

Would that be an AE bug or is it with the script then?

• 3. Re: AE crashes every time I quit application
              Todd_Kopriva Level 8

I'm looking into it, but I think that this might be a bug that causes a crash on quit with any ScriptUI panel. I wouldn't blame Ian (the creator of Ease and Wizz) for this.

• 4. Re: AE crashes every time I quit application
                ForewarnedFilms

Im having the exact same problem when i quit- crashes with that same error message.  BUT I don't have a ScriptUI panel open.  Brand new "trashcan" Mac Pro with a clean installed AE 13.1.1. Looking at console, this is the crash report:

10/25/14 12:12:32.324 AM ReportCrash[1149]: There was an error parsing the Info.plist for the bundle at URL Contents/Info.plist -- file:///Applications/Adobe%20After%20Effects%20CC%202014/Plug-ins/Effects/Keylight/Keylig htPro.plugin/ The data couldn’t be read because it isn’t in the correct format. <CFBasicHash 0x7fda64cc5460 [0x7fff763ebcf0]>{type = immutable dict, count = 2, entries => 0 : <CFString 0x7fff763b6580 [0x7fff763ebcf0]>{contents = "NSDebugDescription"} = <CFString 0x7fda64c91b40 [0x7fff763ebcf0]>{contents = "Found non-key inside <dict> at line 23"} 1 : <CFString 0x7fff763c35e0 [0x7fff763ebcf0]>{contents = "kCFPropertyListOldStyleParsingError"} = Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=3840 "The data couldn’t be read because it isn’t in the correct format." (Malformed data byte group at line 1; invalid hex) UserInfo=0x7fda64cc44b0 {NSDebugDescription=Malformed data byte group at line 1; invalid hex} }