4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 24, 2014 10:18 AM by jasdelta

When will Lightroom be updated with camera raw 8.7?

jasdelta Level 1

Hi Folks,

Can anyone tell me when LR will be updated with camera raw 8.7, containing support for the new Nikon D750 camera?

Many thanks for any feedback

• 1. Re: When will Lightroom be updated with camera raw 8.7?
          BKKDon Level 4

No one who knows will say ....

Adobe wont say ...

In the meantime you can use the DNG convertor to convert the files and import them to Lightroom 5.6 ... Download Adobe Photoshop Camera Raw 8.7 Beta - Adobe Labs

We are quite sure that it will happen before December 31 ... the day the Photoshop Camera RAW RC expires

• 2. Re: When will Lightroom be updated with camera raw 8.7?
            jasdelta Level 1

Hello BKKDon,

Thanks for the reply.

I did download the latest 8.7 for CS6 Camera Raw. If I do Command -R in LR 5.6 will that open an image into CS6 and CR 8.7 or does that no longer work?

I am so used to just using LR, and opening .NEF files, how would I use the DNG converter as a stand alone to do a batch conversion then import into LR 5.6, can you help with some details on that?

Many thanks,

• 3. Re: When will Lightroom be updated with camera raw 8.7?
              BKKDon Level 4

Until you convert to DNG you wont be able to import the 750 NEFs into Lightroom.

As I am a Windows user I'm not sure what you mean about Command R but to use the DNG convertor you need to download from the link and install it.

Then you start up the convertor as a separate application and you will see the following panel:

DNG Convertor.jpg

• Then choose the Images to Convert
              • Select a location to save the converted images (defaults to the same location as the input images)
              • Rename the images if you so wish (Default is just to creat a file of the same name with DNG extension)

Then Convert and after the conversion you will be able to import the DNG files into Lightroom 5.6

Then it doesn't matter if you have Camera RAW 8.7 in CS6 as they will open directly from LR to CS6 as you would normally do.

I guess it is a little inconvenient because you have an additional step to convert the NEF to DNG but it at least get you there in the meantime while you are waiting for the final LR product.

Enjoy!

• 4. Re: When will Lightroom be updated with camera raw 8.7?
                jasdelta Level 1

Many thanks for all your helpful guidance.

Jim