15 Replies Latest reply on Oct 24, 2014 9:35 AM by resdesign

Problems loading JSON into Edge Animate

QuadrantProductions Level 1

Why when I load a JSON file do I get this problem.

Inside the JSON File there is one object that needs to carry longer a longer text string that is going to be loaded into animate.  The loading is fine, everything is connecting correctly, the problem is the json file.

The following are two identical json blocks of code.  I ran these as tests.  The first test loads fine.  The second doesn't.  Note the last line "biography" which is supposed to carry a lot of text and won't load.  Any ideas? Is this like in xml where you have to add some syntax for longer paragraphs?

FIRST TEST LOADS

[

{

"image" : "images/staff/cindy.jpg",

"thename" : "Cindy",

"thetitle" : "Registered Nurse",

"certifications" : "CDA level 2, HARP Certified-RN",

"biography" : "Short information here"

}

]

SECOND TEST IF I ADD ALL THE BIO DATA DOESN'T load

[

{

"image" : "images/staff/cindy.jpg",

"thename" : "Cindy",

"thetitle" : "Registered Nurse",

"certifications" : "CDA level 2, HARP Certified-RN",

"biography" : "Long Bio here.  Behind the scenes, and supported by a fabulous team of professionals, Pat is responsible to for the day to day operations of the practice.

Pat received her certification in 1968.  She joined the practice in 1992 after a long career in the dental industry including assisting, office management and as a corporate trainer and consultant to dental offices across Canada.  A past president of the Ontario Dental Assistants Association (ODAA) Pat was awarded the honor of a life time membership for her contribution to the growth and development of the ODAA and it’s members.  Pat is an avid traveler and enjoys live theatre, reading and music."

}

]