7 Replies Latest reply on Jul 8, 2016 5:13 AM by PanBeep

Yosemite and PS (save for web) hand cursor

netnothing Level 1

Running Yosemite and and PS 2014.2.1.

Noticed since the upgrade that in the Save for Web save box (after you set your settings and click Save....  the cursor often switches from the typical mouse arrow to the hand and it won't switch back.

Makes selecting parts of the filename in the box difficult.

-Kevin

• 1. Re: Yosemite and PS (save for web) hand cursor
          Level 7

The save dialog is an OS dialog, driven by the OS not the application.

Please let Apple know about the problem you are having with their new OS release, so they can get any additional information they need to fix the problems introduced in their new OS release.

• 2. Re: Yosemite and PS (save for web) hand cursor
            netnothing Level 1

That may be true, but it is definitely an interaction between Photoshop and Yosemite and quite frankly, I'm a customer for Adobe, not a paid employee that needs to pass bugs for you off to Apple.  I'd appreciate Adobe staff taking it easy on the tone, simply passing the buck off to Apple instead of investigating fully.

I have NO other apps that this issue is occurring in at this point.

When you do a Save for Web in Photoshop, you are first taken to the Save for Web screen.  In my case this screen is set to 2 Up, and it's rather large.

On this screen, if you hover over either of the preview windows, your cursor is a hand by default (assuming the hand tool is chosen on the left).

What seems to happen is, when I click save, the OS save box appears over these windows.  There are places in the OS Save dialog that seem to have the hand tool appear (almost like the cursor is reacting to the Save for Web window below the OS Save dialog).

If I move the save dialog so it isn't on top of the Save for Web window, I don't get the issue.

-Kevin

• 3. Re: Yosemite and PS (save for web) hand cursor
              Level 7

You have a problem with Apple code on a new version of Apple's MacOS (which still has a lot of bugs).

We can't solve your problem with Apple's code, only Apple can do that.

You need to let Apple know about the problem you are having with Apple's new OS, so they can get the information they need to solve the bugs in their OS code.

• 4. Re: Yosemite and PS (save for web) hand cursor
                netnothing Level 1

Wow, thanks for removing my last reply. 

-Kevin

• 5. Re: Yosemite and PS (save for web) hand cursor
                  netnothing Level 1

Don't worry Chris Cox, I have submitted a bug report to Apple.  Glad to help them!

In the future, if you could show a little more compassion for the user, that would go a long way.

-Kevin

• 6. Re: Yosemite and PS (save for web) hand cursor
                    netnothing Level 1

To me it's not a simple....it's Apple's fault.  It's also not a simple it's Abobe's fault.

Yes this is an issue within Apple's OS save dialog.

However, this issue only happens within Photoshop.

I believe there is some interaction between the two, causing the bug in Apple's dialog.

I also believe that this issue should first be brought up to Adobe's engineers so they can identify the issue and work with Apple to correct it.  Who knows, maybe it's something within Photoshop being the root cause of the bug appearing in the oOS dialog.

To be told by an Adobe employee to just go tell Apple is incredibly short sided.   I would have much preferred the employee to work with me and maybe be able to take this report back to Adobe engineers to have them look at it and contact Apple.

We all know Adobe has in the past been able to work with Apple in a way where a normal person such as myself cannot.

-Kevin

• 7. Re: Yosemite and PS (save for web) hand cursor
                      PanBeep Level 1

This is still not fixed in the latest photoshop 2015.5 + El Capitan 10.11.5

For two years nobody has cared. This is so sad and so frustrating.

This is Adobe responsibility to talk to Apple to resolve this issue so don's send us back to Apple.