4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 25, 2014 8:59 PM by karlhelp

how do i add metadata

karlhelp

how can i add metadata to files, once they are in lightroom

• 1. Re: how do i add metadata
          Arlin Geyer Level 1

In the Library module, open the Metadata panel (on the right side). On the 'Metadata' tab there's a drop-menu offering various views of the metadata. 'EXIF and IPTC' is the most complete.  Metadata fields that can be edited have a subtle grey box.

You can also add metadata during import by creating an import preset.  This is useful for adding copyright data or anything else that applies to all images.

• 2. Re: how do i add metadata
            karlhelp Level 1

THX for the help.....for some reason - i wasn't able to do this, because i needed to upgrade to OS X.

this did seem crazy - since i have a new mac, and wouldn't think the 'month old' os would not work with adobe cc.

now that i updated to X - i have lost images in the LR catalog - any thoughts?

• 3. Re: how do i add metadata
              Arlin Geyer Level 1

I believe I've read about others having that problem with Yosemite.  You might want to query the forum for that info.  I'm not an Apple guy.

But you could create a new catalog and have LR import anything it finds.

Good luck!

• 4. Re: how do i add metadata
                karlhelp Level 1

thx.....i thought i was losing my mind.....i will be calling adobe / apple on monday....

(luckily the images were still there....knock on wood)