0 Replies Latest reply on Oct 29, 2014 12:55 PM by freefall

Illustrator CS6 copy of path has hidden appearance-can you do this?

freefall Level 1

I select a path segment and drag/copy it, but when deselecting that new path segment its appearance is invisible (even though the Appearance panel it has a fill/stroke identical to its parent).

Screen Shot1_2014-10-28 at 9.54.17 AM.png

I can again select the problem path segment and move it with Object > Bring to Front, after which its appearance becomes visible, even though there was no other object above it and blocking it from view (as verified in the Layers palette). This must be a bug, but is there a fix?

Screen Shot2 2014-10-28 at 9.54.36 AM.pngScreen Shot3 2014-10-28 at 9.55.06 AM.png Notice that the drag lines remain visible? As I move my cursor over them they will disappear, as if I were erasing them.

I tried something else: I switched to Outline view and made the same copy segment.The copied path is only visible when selected, even in Outline mode. If not selected that path outline is not visible, and Bring to Front does not make it visible (as it would when I was in Preview mode).

Furthermore, I uninstalled Illus. and reinstalled it and updated it to current version. The problem has gotten worse. Now when I drag/copy a path not only is the new path not visible but what remains visible are traces of lines which indicated the direction of my drag -- as you see in my screen shots above.

This all seems to say the problem is regarding communication with the graphic processor? I do not have trouble with displaying graphics in other Adobe products that I use frequently (Lightroom and Photoshop CS6).

I am using Illus.CS6 v16.04, on a MacPro, OS10.9.5, 8GB RAM on a 2.93GHz processor, graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 120 512 MB.

Message was edited by: ANTON MARC I have added screen shots and done a little editing, so that this problem is hopefully more understandable.

Message was edited by: ANTON MARC It has been a few days since first posting this issue and still no responses. I wonder if I am in the right forum to find help? Apparently Adobe has ceased telephone support on this product, but I can't use it like this. Will Adobe respond in this forum?

Message was edited by: ANTON MARC. Can anyone replicate the problem with their own copy of Illustrator? I want to know whether it is just my copy of the software. Thanks!