9 Replies Latest reply on Oct 27, 2014 5:34 PM by abbyc

Premiere Elements 13 - Already!

Myron Achtman Level 1

No sooner after I purchased Premiere Elements 12, I saw that version 13 was just released!

Is there an upgrade path to version 13 that takes into account that I just purchased version 12?

• 1. Re: Premiere Elements 13 - Already!
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Myron Achtman

Adobe appeared to be offering a 13 for 12 when the purchase of 12 was within 30 days of release of 13 which was September 24, 2014.

This is not Adobe. Rather user to user.

If you purchased Premiere Elements 12 as an online download from Adobe, you could try containing Adobe and is Orders Chat Panel to

discuss your eligibility for this consideration. As it was written, I do not believe you will be eligible. But, as I said, we are not Adobe. This is

an Adobe decision.

If you purchased Premiere Elements 12 from an authorized reseller, it is my understanding that any refunds and exchanges are between you

and the reseller.

Either way, my suggested Adobe contact information on this would be

Contact Customer Care

Premiere Elements

Membership, Account, Payment

Payments, Invoices, Orders

Chat Panel

If the link does not hold its set, then you will need to navigate to the Chat Panel using the above titles as guides.

Please review and consider.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Premiere Elements 13 - Already!
            abbyc Level 1

I just purchased 13 on line but now I can't open it. Says it is in the file?  Can you help

• 3. Re: Premiere Elements 13 - Already!
              abbyc Level 1

Sorry says in the wrong file.

• 4. Re: Premiere Elements 13 - Already!
                A.T. Romano Level 7

abbyc

Do you have a purchased serial number?

Did you download and install Premiere Elements 13 as the tryout and then clicked Buy instead of Try?

If you did, after the download, an extraction process automatically follows, followed by automatic installation

phases. So there is not much that should be a problem unless the Sign In is not recognizing the serial number

you were given at purchase of the product.

However....

I suspect that you are going through a route where you might have had to select your Premiere Elements 13 files

to download for the install. You need to select the files that correspond to your computer operating system...32 or 64 bit.

You should be downloading 2 files, an .exe and .7z. Make sure that the file name includes a description of your computer

operating system. Remember, version 13, does not support Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Mac OSX 10.7.

If this sounds like your situation, then start again with files whose names you have double checked.

If you have problems with all of the above, then download and install Premiere Elements 13 tryout files from the following

web site and insert your purchased serial number at install.

Adobe Photoshop Elements 13 Direct Download Links, Premiere too | ProDesignTools

Read and carry out carefully the "Note: Very Important Instructions" so that you do not get an Access Denied message.

Please let us know the outcome.

Thank you.

ATR

• 5. Re: Premiere Elements 13 - Already!
                  abbyc Level 1

I did get it downloaded. I am trying to do selective coloring and I still can't seem to do it. I watched a couple of tutorials on utube. It still luck. May have to try the manual download. Thanks for your reply.  Ruthy

Sent from my iPad

• 6. Re: Premiere Elements 13 - Already!
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

Ruthy

Thanks for the reply.

If you could post a link to one or more of the tutorials you are trying to use in order to create your selective coloring, I will look at them to get a better

idea what you want to do. Typically I think of selective coloring in Photoshop Elements (photo editor). And, you appear to be using Premiere Elements 13 (video editor). Are these videos or stills for which you are trying to create selective coloring effects?

Under fx Effects, have you looked at Color Pass, Color Replace?

We will be looking forward to further details of the selective color effects you want for video or photo sources.

Thank you.

ATR

• 7. Re: Premiere Elements 13 - Already!
                      abbyc Level 1

They are still pictures. I want to layer a color photo with black and white and then erase a certain element, like a flower, and turn that flower back to color.

Sent from my iPad

• 8. Re: Premiere Elements 13 - Already!
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

abbyc

Thanks for the additional information.

Definitely try the fx Effects/Image Control/Color Pass for your effect in Premiere Elements.

Do you have Photoshop Elements? We could try to work that into an easier workflow. But, depending on the colors

and background involved in your photos, Color Pass might do the job for what you described.

If you need more information on how to for this, please let me know.

Thank you.

ATR

• 9. Re: Premiere Elements 13 - Already!
                          abbyc Level 1

Thank you so much. Will let you know.

Sent from my iPad