This content has been marked as final. Show 10 replies
Is the "functions" table larger than the "procedures" table? There is something at the back of my mind which screams at me that there is a limit to the table size you can use in a topic. I'm happy to be proved wrong though. Can you split the tables between different topics? How big is "large"?
Glad I could make you happy; I think you're wrong about the size issue. The Procedures topic finds text clear to the bottom of the table -- and it has 363 rows to the Function topic's 220.
- P.S. This new version of RoboHelp is ... verrrry ...
ssllloooww; sometimes it just gets stuck and I have to
ctrl-alt-delete, Task Manager, and find that RoboHelp is "Not
Responding." End Task, Restart RoboHelp, etc.
- P.S. This new version of RoboHelp is ... verrrry ... ssllloooww; sometimes it just gets stuck and I have to ctrl-alt-delete, Task Manager, and find that RoboHelp is "Not Responding." End Task, Restart RoboHelp, etc.
... and another thing:
The Search tab also doesn't find partial entries, e.g., if I'm looking for a long string like "LookingForALongStringInThisTable," and I enter "LookingForALong," I get the "no topics found" message. Shouldn't this work?
See Snippet 53 on my site.
I guess I should have responded sooner, so everyone could know I still have the problem; in fact, Snippet 53 not only didn't help, it made matters worse.
The problem was (and still is), if I try to use the Search tab and enter fn_* (I'm looking for function names), many of the entries in the table under discussion would be highlighted, but many others would only be highlighted as far as the fn_. When I tried the suggestion in Snippet 53 -- no highlighted text whatever, only the message "no topics found."
So, I'm still in a fix ... anyone? anyone?
Have you tried splitting the table in two at the point where it stops finding text?
Hi, Peter, et al!
Problem not solved yet. Here's what I've tried:
1. inserting a row from a "good" row and inserting a "bad" line of text - nothing
2. inserting a row from a "bad" row and inserting a "good" line of text -- OK
3. inserting a hard return in the middle of an extremely long (100 characters) solid line of text -- helped a little, but not enough
4. Yes, Peter: splitting the table in two at the point where it stops finding text - nothing
5. Cutting "bad" text from table, pasting to TextPad, saving, cutting from TextPad and pasting back to table -- nothing
6. Copying entire table, pasting to TextPad, saving to Word doc, importing into RoboHelp -- nothing.
still hoping for assistance...
Same topic imported into a new project?
You reminded me of another effort that I've tried:
Created a new project and imported the troublesome topics into it; problem continues
But, actually, in my previous post I meant that I had imported the "treated" table back into the original project.
You want to zip up the test project with that troublesome table and send it to me? Send it via my site.