4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 26, 2014 10:38 AM by ssprengel

Lightroom Pixelated Photos (On Import)

Tim Mottram

I have just upgraded to Lightroom 5.6 and imported my photos. Within Sitecore some of those photos are pixelated, but they are not on the original file.

I am using .nef files and .JPG.

Camera is Nikon D600 (All photos from the same camera)

It's an up to date copy of lightroom (Via the cloud service)

Any ideas? I have not had this problem with previous versions.

Cheers,

Tim

• 1. Re: Lightroom Pixelated Photos (On Import)
          areohbee Level 5

It's starting to sound like there is a bug in Lightroom - this sort of thing is getting reported too often, or so it seems to me..

It would help if you define "pixelated" - post screenshots, and maybe original file with steps to reproduce.

• 2. Re: Lightroom Pixelated Photos (On Import)
            elie-d Level 4

Sitecore is a web site? So are you resizing the images to be posted? To what size? What jpg quality/compression? How do the jpgs look on your computer before uploading? Can you post a link to the Sitecore page with your photos?

• 3. Re: Lightroom Pixelated Photos (On Import)
              Tim Mottram Level 1

Ok, will dig out some files and upload them.

I apologise y, i meant Lightroom not Sitecore. I use to Sitecore at work so it's on my mind

By Pixelated i mean that that the image looks like i have blown it up, so it would cover a whole wall. accept i have not done anything to the image in lightroom. Just opened the image.

• 4. Re: Lightroom Pixelated Photos (On Import)
                ssprengel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

So by pixelated you mean the entire image is visible but at a very low resolution?  This could be the camera-embedded thumbnail JPG that LR momentarily shows and may not be getting updated to the Adobe raw conversion.  Perhaps the raw files are corrupted and LR cannot compute any full-resolution image from the raw data to replace the thumbnail, or perhaps the LR preview cache is corrupted and so LR cannot retrieve its previously-computed previews. 

What happens if you select a group of these photos in Library and then use Library / Previews / Build 1:1 Previews (and Build Standard Previews)?

As Rob says a screenshot would be helpful in communicating what “pixelated” means, exactly, because the look of a corrupted raw file is different than the look of a reduced-size thumbnail.

What happens if you go to Develop where LR actually uses the raw data instead of looking up something in the preview cache?