1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 26, 2014 11:37 AM by ssprengel

Technical question:  Is it possible to work on the same Lightroom catalog across two computers and have the catalog sync? If so, how??

dudersnoopz

Technical question:

Is it possible to work on the same Lightroom catalog across two computers and have the catalog sync? If so, how??

Here's a little more information on what I am trying to do.

I have a desktop computer with 4tb worth of pictures that has Lightroom and Photoshop on it. I also have a laptop with Photoshop and Lightroom. I would like to be able to edit those same pictures with their current edits that are currently on my desktop on my laptop. If this can be done, I'm sure I need to be on the same wifi network for my laptop to be able to access my desktop's photo library. I am technically savvy enough to map a network drive, but how do I get my two Lightroom catalogs to sync when I make a change on one of my computers? Would i be working only on one catalog? Or two separate catalogs that would need to be manually synced to the other computer? Would it be beneficial to put my lightroom catalog on something like dropbox?

I'd appreciate any information or tutorials if someone knows how to do this.