1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 26, 2014 4:33 PM by Mel Davis.

Lightroom 5 help

nikkiolla

I purchased and downloaded Lightroom 5 on my laptop last Christmas. I just bought a new laptop and need to move Lightroom from my old laptop to my new laptop. I do not have an external hard drive and would like to wait to purchase one later, unless it's essential for the transfer. I tried putting Lightroom on a DVD-R disk and then transferring it onto the new laptop. I was successful, except the trial version is still the one running on the new laptop and none of my presets or brushes show up. I've tried Google and Youtube for directions with no luck.

I hope someone can help walk me through this process!

Thanks!

• 1. Re: Lightroom 5 help
          Mel Davis. Level 3

My suggestion is to start over with the moving process so you get it done correctly. I personally would actually uninstall Lightroom on the **new** laptop--again, just to be clear, leave it alone for the moment on your old computer, and uninstall it from you new laptop (because I think you may get better results starting over).

Then very carefully, step-by-step, no shortcuts, follow the excellent instructions given by this forum's expert helper Victoria Brampton here:

http://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-move-lightroom-to-new-computer/

Ask any more questions you have as you go. Somebody will help.