• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 8 project with PowerPoint 2010 imported slides - display keeps changing

New Here ,
Oct 27, 2014 Oct 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.  I created a project in Captivate 8 by importing 27 PowerPoint 2010 slides.  I chose the High Fidelity option when doing the import, just as I used to do in CP6, and I used 1024 x 768 resolution. 

I am inserting highlight boxes on the first several slides, and as I'm doing so, the fonts on the slide seem to be arbitrarily changing resolution.  My highlight boxes remain the same, but the PowerPoint-generated information keeps changing size.  Oddly, the imported slide background stays the same - only the fonts and pictures get larger or smaller. 

As a result, when I preview my slides, my highlight boxes show in the wrong place as compared to the text or pictures.  In addition, the highlight boxes often show in the wrong places on the slide on the stage, but show corrected in the Filmstrip.  I am VERY confused.  Anyone have any idea how to fix this?

Thank you!

TOPICS
Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 02, 2014 Dec 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

similar problem. In my case my text boxes from ppt slides change font, space between characters, level of the box.
This is my post about it
ppt slide objects lose their formatting when ineserted in cp7 project

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2015 Feb 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where are the Captivate design team to answer these questions and get this working!!! We are paying good money for Adobe products and something that worked very well in Captivate 5.5 just doesn't work in Captivate 8

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 17, 2015 Feb 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want pixel perfect matching of your PPT, do it the Camtasia way. Present the PPT as you would normally, then record it using Captivate.

Any time you take data from one application and move it to another, there is always the risk of munging.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 03, 2015 Jun 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Rick.

In this case we are not talking about "pixel perfect matching" but about bigger problems (change of font, change of size, change of location, lost of animations, ecc.).

I am still convinced that the CP ppt importing feature should be largely improved, from a simple reproduction of a ppt slide as an .swf in the background of a cp slide which is now (The suggested "Camtasia way" reaches to a similar solution: a video of the presentation instead of a swf: not manipulation using CP would be possible ), to a true import: an "object-by-object" import.

Many times strict deadlines do not allow to recreate slides from scratch but make it mandatory to import already existing high level ppt slides (to be, eventually, further manipulated/improved with CP) .

Just my idea.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 03, 2015 Jun 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's your call.

You can ask Adobe for a different method and wait indefinitely to see if it ever emerges, or you can find workarounds and move forward pretty much immediately.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources