4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 29, 2014 2:59 PM by knolan012

Audition CS6 does not exit properly on OSX Maverick - how to resolve?

knolan012 Level 1

Hi -

I run Audition CS6 on OSX Maverick (10.9.5).

However, whenever I finish a job and exit the application, whenever I bring up a terminal I see the following processes permanently in the process table:

501   692   164   0  4:13pm ??         0:21.76 /Applications/Adobe Audition CS6/Adobe Audition CS6.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe Audition CS6

501   694   692   0  4:13pm ??         0:00.32 /Applications/Adobe Audition CS6/Adobe Audition CS6.app/Contents/Frameworks/AdobeCrashReporter.framework/Required/AdobeCrashDaemon.app/Co ntents/MacOS/AdobeCrashDaemon 692 Adobe Audition CS6 5.0 /Applications/Adobe Audition CS6/Adobe Audition CS6.app/Contents/Resources/appIcon.icns /Applications/Adobe Audition CS6/Adobe Audition CS6.app/Contents/Frameworks/AdobeCrashReporter.framework/Required/Adobe Crash Reporter.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe Crash Reporter 0      

501   695   692   0  4:13pm ??         0:00.00 (adobe_licutil)

The application seems not to be exiting properly.

Is there a fix for this?

Note that all other applications run well on this high spec MacBook Pro (early 2011, 17", Quad iCore7 2.3GHx, 16GB RAM, 512 GB SSD).

I do not wish to go the Cloud model - so upgrading to CC is not an option.

Thanks,

Kevin Nolan.

• 1. Re: Audition CS6 does not exit properly on OSX Maverick - how to resolve?
          _durin_ Adobe Employee

Hi Kevin,

Can you send a copy of the OS X crash log to audbugs@adobe.com ?  You can find this by launching Applications > Utilities > Console.app and open the "User Diagnostic Reports" section.  Drag the most recent Audition crash entry to an email and send it to that address.  We'll take a look and see if we can determine why this is happening.

• 2. Re: Audition CS6 does not exit properly on OSX Maverick - how to resolve?
            knolan012 Level 1

Thanks for replying.

I've looked in the User Diagnostics but there are absolutely no entries of any kind - it's empty. The System Diagnostics Reports likewise contain no Adobe entries.

But note - this is not a crash. I manually exit from the application and it appears to exit (as in the GUI shuts down) - but - the application just continues to run and can be seen in the process table (via ps -ef in a Terminal). Subsequently, I cannot rerun it - if I click on the app Icon it does not bring up a new GUI. I need to reboot the machine before I can restart the application /GUI.

This is repeatable and has been a long standing issue for me - including with OSX 10.8 so it's not a Maverick specific issue. I'm surprised I did not see a plethora of other posts on this issue when I finally decided to look for a solution today. I can only assure you there is absolutely nothing out of the ordinary with my Mac, or the installation of Audition CS6 - I'm a long standing user (since 1.0 on PC) so I am quite familiar with the install routines. My Mac has the latest version of Maverick, but as mentioned in my first post, everything else I run - Protools, Logic and a plethora of plugins all run without issue.

Unfortunately I have no diagnostics to send you; but please let me know if there is anything else I can do to provide further clarity.

Thanks most sincerely for your time and reply.

Regards,

Kevin.

• 3. Re: Audition CS6 does not exit properly on OSX Maverick - how to resolve?
              knolan012 Level 1

Hi _durin_

Just a little more info:

If I do "kill 692" (the Audition process ID in this instance) - it does not die.  A kill -9  does not end it either; nor does a Ctrl-Mouse Click (Adobe Force Kill).

But it does change what's seen on the process table so perhaps the state does change a bit:

501   692   164   0  4:13pm ??         0:00.00 (Adobe Audition C)

501   694   692   0  4:13pm ??         0:00.00 (AdobeCrashDaemon)

501   695   692   0  4:13pm ??         0:00.00 (adobe_licutil)

all of these are surrounded with parenthesis suggesting perhaps some sort of disconnect from the parent process (launchd)?

If I subsequently try to run Audition from the Dock, the icon hops up and down and does not stop - so still a problem with running a second time. Again I have to reboot to get Audition to run.

Cheers,

Kevin.

• 4. Re: Audition CS6 does not exit properly on OSX Maverick - how to resolve?
                knolan012 Level 1

Hi _durin_

I wonder if you have had an opportunity to consider why Audition CS6 might not be shutting down properly in OSX?

Thanks,

Kevin.