Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My mac will not load .dmg files

Oct 27, 2014 Oct 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Mac told me that my "flash is out of date."  So, I tried to update it, but my computer will not load .dmg files.   (Files are not highlighted when I try to open them.)  My Mac is 10.9.5.  I am currently using Flash 15.0.0.152.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nannykins,

I'm not really sure what you mean by 'files are not highlighted'.  Is this only occurring with Flash Player DMG files or other DMG files?

You can also post a screenshot of the behaviour your observing (How to post a screenshot in the forum)

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The files that are in a dark print can be clicked on and loaded.  All of my .dmg files are a light gray and nothing happens when I double click them.  I have never tried to open a .dmg file before, so I do not know if other files will open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to post a screen shot, but I do not know how.  I can not find "finder." as per your screen shot directions. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not see "screen shot" when I click on the "file" tab.  As you can guess, I am a new MAC user.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this is happening for ALL of the DMG files (not just Flash Player) then it indicates an issue with your system. Possibly permissions issues or something outside the scope of this forum.  Have you tried posting your question in the Apple forums?

Finder is the app that provides access to all your apps.  It's the equivalent of Windows Explorer on Mac.  It's always displayed on the Dock (unless you removed it) on the left-most by default.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2018 May 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. Dmg files do not load. Apple support tells me its Adobe's problem. Adobe tells me its an Apple problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dmg files do not load.

Are you referring *specifically* to a DMG file from an Adobe product? or is this all of the DMG files, as the OP reported (4  years ogo)?

If this is a Flash Player issue, provide the following information:

If this is with some other Adobe product, please post to that product's forum.

If this is happening with *all* DMG files, regardless of vendor/product, it wouldn't be an Adobe issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen shot message

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is no screenshot.  If you replied by email, forums software blocks email attachments for security reasons.  Please log onto the forums and post the screenshot.  Also, provide the previously requested information.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines