6 Replies Latest reply on Oct 27, 2014 3:11 PM by umaynome

windows 8.1 and PS CS6 HELP

umaynome Level 1

PSmin.jpgBefore running windows 7 and CS4, when in PS and I minimized a window or two, it would keep them INSIDE PS but at the bottom of PS but was inside like sandboxed, and it was nice and easy quick reference to recall those pieces of work as they sit at the bottom of PS.

Now in CS6 and windows 8.1....the windows on minimize seem to TAB in my bottom windows tool bar (shown in attachment).....and this is slower for me to react to my work flow....

Any settings to make it like it was, or suggestions...??  Or am I stuck with it?

Thx

• 1. Re: windows 8.1 and PS CS6 HELP
          Warunicorn Adobe Community Professional

Right-click the Taskbar > Properties. Under the Taskbar tab, choose the "Taskbar buttons" option, "Never combine."

• 2. Re: windows 8.1 and PS CS6 HELP
            umaynome Level 1

while that will not combine the open windows of work, it still puts them down in the TASKBAR area, versus where CS4 stored them within PS itself....

I am wondering if this is possible to add within PS only, and keep out of taskbar?  But maybe that isn't possible because of the new windows and photoshop versions

• 3. Re: windows 8.1 and PS CS6 HELP

Do you want to just open documents and have them ready to switch to? Why not just open them in one Photoshop window and have them (by default) consolidate to tabs? (The tabs for each doc stay at the top.)

• 4. Re: windows 8.1 and PS CS6 HELP
                umaynome Level 1

Right I might be left with make documents as tabs so they are up top....as you mentioned.

What was nice in old CS4....is lets say I had 5 windows open and 1 of the 5 was max size (working project) and the other 4 where minimized (bottom stacked inside cs4)....and then if I had to grab another file, it would bring it inside PS while keeping all current windows active and left as there where.

Now the new CS6 treats this differently, the minimized windows are tabbed outside of the PS program into the windows taskbar....and if I open a new psd file in cs6, it will open just that one file live inside, while keeping the older minimized documents still in the taskbar ....which taking more time to see where in taskbar I need to grab image C to marry it up with what I just opened up live in CS6...

Hope this make sense..Ideally to have all windows stay within PS itself on minimize would be great....but might have to go with the TAB option as it seem that might not work anymore how it used to.

• 5. Re: windows 8.1 and PS CS6 HELP

Use Window > Arrange > Consolidate All to Tabs in Photoshop to organize everything in one shot.

Try looking at Edit > Preferences > Interface > "Open Documents as Tabs" to make that permanent.

• 6. Re: windows 8.1 and PS CS6 HELP
                    umaynome Level 1

Right...that would be to set open windows as TABS...I am aware of that....might be left to do that...thanks for adding to this...I feel the newer OS and PS have a new way of doing it and I better learn to live with it