1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 27, 2014 4:21 PM by A.T. Romano

Saving MP4

Driskotech

Clearly I have done something wrong because saving my project as an mp4 before I upload to youtube didn't use to be a problem, and now it is...

I have Premiere Elements 11 and working on a PC.

When I go to PUBLISH/SHARE and click COMPUTER, I used to be able to choose WINDOWS MEDIA and Elements would save it as an mp4 (and it would say so in the FILE FORMAT), but now it only saves it as WINDOWS MEDIA.

No where that I can see when I look at all my options to PUBLISH/SHARE will there be a FILE FORMAT of mp4.

Help!  Please and thank you!

• 1. Re: Saving MP4
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Driskotech

What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 11 running on?

The Premiere Elements (any version) user is never able to select Publish+Share/Computer/Windows Media to obtain a .mp4 export.

The export from that route will be .wmv format. Are you sure that you are not thinking about Movie Maker 2012 and its ability to export a

wmv or mp4 file?

If you want to export your Timeline content as a .mp4 file, the

a. Publish+Share/Computer/AVCHD and one of the .mp4 choices for the preset under Presets.

or

b. Publish+Share/Mobile Phones and Players/Apple iPod, iPad, and iPhone and one of the choices under Presets

Please think about this some more and let us know the outcome.

Thank you.

ATR