Thanks for responding – but I think I just found the problem. Apparently, the conversion changed the color of the text to transparent. When I restored it, the text appeared in View.
LOL, so it was exactly as I expected we would see.
Nice catch! Rick
Have you run across several “quirks” like this? The last time I converted to a newer version – from 5 to 7, it mucked up all of the text, spacing, etc. Very annoying…
LOL, you should probably check out my dear friend Peter Grainge's site
Here's the deal. In times past, the eHelp corporation had RoboHelp. And they created RoboHelp HTML long before HTML really was wildly popular. In those times it was necessary to implement some rather arcane workarounds to allow editing and a WYSIWYG environment.
Time moves forward and Adobe are now the owners of the venerable RoboHelp. They modified the editor to be more standards compliant. And as you might imagine, that has the real possibility of somewhat munging things. Not that RoboHelp is munging code, but browsers are now a bit more persnickety about things. For example, that transparent thing was likely there in earlier browser versions and was ignored. So it's a combination of things.
c-Systems Software, Inc.