• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

impossible to connect with cyberduck

Explorer ,
Oct 28, 2014 Oct 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to access my site with cyberduck, but it's impossible to connect. I tried a lots of combination and nothing succeed.

What I did in cyberduck :

• Host name - mydomainname : mydomainname is studioniko.fr but i tried  as well with studioniko.businesscatalyst.com
  • Protocol - SFTP / SSH File Transfer Protocol
  • Port - 22
  • User name - mydomainname/email : the same domainname as above / and the email I'm using to connect at businesscatalyst (but it tried as well with the email used in my site)
  • Password - the password I use to login at businesscatalyst

As I already said I tried lots of others combinations but nothing works

What's wrong ?

Niko

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Nov 26, 2014 Nov 26, 2014

Thank's for helping,

I tried (with cyberduck) with your recommandation (worldsecuresystems.com) : and the answer is still the same : host unknown

But  ! I tried as well with your proposition with coda2. .. and it works  ! (with my normal adress not with worldsecuresystems).. Yessssss !

So it points the problem to the soft Cyberduck. I was quiet intrigued : the same settings in cyberduck doesn't work ...hmmm that's rather weird. And the answer from Alex, who says he can connect with cyberduck, give

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,
Nov 23, 2014 Nov 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the error message if any?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 24, 2014 Nov 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In french :

"Clé dhôte inconnue pour {0}. Lhôte est actuellement inconnu du système. L'empreinte de la clé dhôte est {0}."

I don't know the exact translation in english but it means that the host is unknown.

Niko

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like you have the wrong URL or a typo?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes that's what it means. But I know nevertheless my own URL and because I hesitate over two differents url (studioniko.fr and studioniko.businesscatalyst.com) I tried with both of them..and of course I checked several times if it was written the right way (no capitals, no inquisitive space,..). But it doesn't work anyway.

What do you mean with typo ?

Niko

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Niko,

I was able to connect with my user: https://www.dropbox.com/s/o09huf5j3mqwm99/Screenshot%202014-11-25%2001.09.36.png?dl=0

Can you confirm using the same settings? Does this occur from another network as well? If so please raise a case we'll continue investigation through our ticketing service.

Kind Regards,

Alex Pavelescu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 25, 2014 Nov 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I'm sorry to inform you that I tried to connect with exactly the same settings as your screenshot.. and the result was the same as i had before : host unknown.

Tested also from another network with the same configuration (macosX 10.8.5, cyberduck 4.6 (french version)) it doesn't work neither.

You propose me to raise a case.. ok..euh.. but how do I proceed for that ?

Niko

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Nov 25, 2014 Nov 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe that you have to use studioniko.worldsecuresystems.com to

connect. So

host:studioniko.worldsecuresystems.com

username:studioniko.worldsecuresystems.com/your@email

password: adminpassword

Cyberduck works for me, and I still use it sometimes, but for some reason

it started corrupting the files recently when I use it with BC. It loads

only one part of the page and not the full page. The FTP built into Coda 2

doesn't have this issue so I switched to it. It's a crappy editor and not

as nearly as polished as Sublime, but it has an awesome FTP client built

into it which is good for live editing on BC, which is what most people are

doing although it's not a good practice really.

On Wed, Nov 26, 2014 at 9:24 AM, Alain Nicolas <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 26, 2014 Nov 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank's for helping,

I tried (with cyberduck) with your recommandation (worldsecuresystems.com) : and the answer is still the same : host unknown

But  ! I tried as well with your proposition with coda2. .. and it works  ! (with my normal adress not with worldsecuresystems).. Yessssss !

So it points the problem to the soft Cyberduck. I was quiet intrigued : the same settings in cyberduck doesn't work ...hmmm that's rather weird. And the answer from Alex, who says he can connect with cyberduck, give me a clue. I suppose Alex is using an english version and i'm using a french version of cyberduck. I change the preferences of Cyberduck, quit and start it again, and tried again with my settings...and it works !

So : I don't know for the other languages but the problem is linked to the french version of cyberduck. Use the english version (change the preferences) and there 'll be no more problem

Hope it will help some others

And thank's again for your contribution everyone

Niko

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines