2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 28, 2014 4:37 PM by bogiesan

Multiple jigsaw puzzle pieces entering the head through the ear effect

create822

Hi,

I just got the Adobe CC and was wondering how I would create an video intro of 3-5 second of a sideview of a head like this: http://image.shutterstock.com/display_pic_with_logo/489523/489523,1287061475,4/stock-vecto r-puzzle-head-couple-vector-63…

The idea is to have multiple puzzle pieces coming from the corner of the video at a fast rate like a hurricane and entering through the ear of the human head and filling up the head. Once it's completely filled and looks like a solved puzzled, it should say in the middle "unpuzzled" which is my company's name. When the puzzle pieces connect to solve the puzzle, it should have some sort of effects as well.

What should I dig into in order to achieve these things on after effects? I'm an begineer/intermediate user.

Thank you

• 1. Re: Multiple jigsaw puzzle pieces entering the head through the ear effect
          Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You could create a puzzle piece shatter map and use Shatter to break apart the puzzle. Then precompose that and use Time Remapping to make the pieces come together.

There are a large number of ways to do what you're asking for. With so few pieces, it wouldn't be too hard to hand animate them either.

• 2. Re: Multiple jigsaw puzzle pieces entering the head through the ear effect
            bogiesan Level 4

Card Dance, with its 3D camera and remarkably complex XYZ animation controls, can create the tornado or hurricane. However, the discreet pieces of Card Dance are rectangles so your puzzle pieces will need to be set up with alphas. A simple transition to a movie created using Shatter will get them assembled.

As Sz said, there are many different ways to do this. Decide on a style and look first. If you want it to look Industrial Light and Magic did the animation, you'll need a few months, literally, to work on this. If it less realistic and more highly stylized, you can approach it much more simply. but you will want to change it i a few months after you have found your way around the application.