12 Replies Latest reply on Oct 30, 2014 7:15 AM by newbieDon

Olympus OMD e M1

newbieDon

Can't seem to download a lot of pics from my new Olympus OMD M1. Some download others won't. Any thoughts? I am using the new MAC Yosemite OS which also makes LR behave weird at times, like dropping menus in the Develop module or the color brush not working etc.

Don

• 1. Re: Olympus OMD e M1
          dj_paige Level 9

What version of Lightroom do you have?

What is the exact error message you get when you try to import the photos into Lightroom?

• 2. Re: Olympus OMD e M1
            newbieDon Level 1

Version 5.6

Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don’t mind it doesn’t matter.

Mark Twain

• 3. Re: Olympus OMD e M1
              newbieDon Level 1

I don’t get any message the images simply pop right back into the card which is recognized on the desktop Don’t know if I mentioned I am using Yosemite as my OS.

Mark Twain

• 4. Re: Olympus OMD e M1
                dj_paige Level 9

I don't understand the phrase "images simply pop right back into the card"

• 5. Re: Olympus OMD e M1
                  DdeGannes Adobe Community Professional

Maybe the device that has the card is being recognized as a "Drive" and he is using the "Add" option to import the images instead of "Copy".

• 6. Re: Olympus OMD e M1
                    newbieDon Level 1

OK will try again with the add option. By pop back in I mean that if I drag the photos over they just wont’t go but pop back. If I just try importing by copying (both copy modes) nothing happens. Sometimes all of the images don’t even show up on the screen.

Thanks for your advice.

Don

Mark Twain

• 7. Re: Olympus OMD e M1

@newbieDon please answer a few questions so we can understand what you are trying to achieve, and how we can better advise you.

a. When you refer to the card, is the card still in the Camera?

b. You have the Camera attached to the computer via a USB cable?

c. You have the card in a card reader which is attached to the computer?

d. Is the card inserted to a SD slot on your computer?

If the answer to a + b is yes, then when importing the image files to Lightroom you will need to use the "Copy" option and decide where you wish to copy the original files to. Your HDD, and external HDD or even a HDD on a NAS.

If the answer to c is yes, then do the above.

If the answer to d is yes, then do the above.

If the answer to all the above is no then provide some more details.

• 8. Re: Olympus OMD e M1
                        newbieDon Level 1

ADD WORKED.

Mark Twain

• 9. Re: Olympus OMD e M1
                          newbieDon Level 1

ADD WORKED

Mark Twain

• 10. Re: Olympus OMD e M1
                            newbieDon Level 1

The answer is C card in a card reader. I opened it up. put the DCMI folder on my desk top and then used the ADD feature instead of copy and it worked. Strange but it works. I think it must be an idiosyncrasy of Yosemite which is not yet optimized for LR even though it is supposed to work with other Adobe photo products. Could be the camera which is the newest and latest from Olympus but I doubt it.

Don

Mark Twain

• 11. Re: Olympus OMD e M1

So you copied the DCMI folder to your computer on the desktop. i.e that is on the computers HDD. Then you used the "add option" to import into LR.

Yes that will work, the next question, is that where you wish the original photos to continue to reside?

Have a look at the tutorial at the link below, it will provide a basic and clear understanding about how the Lightroom Catalog functions.

The Lightroom Catalog | George Jardine on Lightroom | Adobe TV

• 12. Re: Olympus OMD e M1
                                newbieDon Level 1

Yep!

Mark Twain