38 Replies Latest reply on Nov 8, 2014 7:15 PM by A.T. Romano

premiere 12 crashed during the install at shared technologies

cowboychris55

I can't get a clean installation on my windows 8.1 laptop.

• 1. Re: premiere 12 crashed during the install at shared technologies
          Jeff A Wright Adobe Employee

Cowboychris55 please see Install rollback and Shared Technologies | Windows for information on how to resolve the current error.

• 2. Re: premiere 12 crashed during the install at shared technologies
            cowboychris55 Level 1

Hi There,

Thank you for your email.

I reviewed all the possibilities and none of them seem to be my problem.

I tried installing my P 9 on my M/S win 8.1 and it installed where I was able to use it ONCE but after a while it crashed.

I restarted it but as soon a I tried to use it, all I got was a message saying

"Sorry, a serious error has occurred that requires Adobe Premiere Elements to shut down. We will attempt to save your current project.   The only option is a “Radio Button” that says “OK”.

So I found out that I must uninstall it and then reinstall it.

After many iterations of the crash-uninstall-reboot-reinstall-reboot-do a bit-crash- repeat…..I was finally able to create a .FLV file.

However nothing except Premiere would read it.

Mr Romano suggested that I try the "Trial" P11 or 12, which I did, only to find that while it worked, the output had an "Adobe Trial Version" scrawled across the finished product.

So after many iterations of the above, I decided to install my P 9 on my old "XP" printer server which I haven't got out to output anything useable so far.

If any of this twigs any ideas, I would welcome them.

Regards,

Christopher Cronk

• 3. Re: premiere 12 crashed during the install at shared technologies
              cowboychris55 Level 1

Sorry....  My P 9 is really a P 7....

Chris

• 4. Re: premiere 12 crashed during the install at shared technologies

Chris to confirm you are receiving the following error, "Sorry, a serious error has occurred that requires Adobe Premiere Elements to shut down. We will attempt to save your current project.." when trying to run Premiere Elements 7 on Windows 8.1.  Is that correct?

• 5. Re: premiere 12 crashed during the install at shared technologies
                  cowboychris55 Level 1

Hi There,

Yes sir…

That is correct…

As I said, I reinstalled my P 7 on my old “XP” desktop and opened the saved project from my “8.1” laptop.

A small window opened to say “Loading the Project” with a blue slider indicating the progress. It then disappeared and “Lo & Behold”, the same message “Sorry,……” appeared and I am back to ground zero.

I will have to go that machine and do the “Uninstall…..Reinstall….Reboot” nonsense and see if I can get any farther. Right now I had set up that machine and was using the “Remote Desktop” feature… It is quite handy, but not when one has to change CD’s.

Regards,

Chris

• 6. Re: premiere 12 crashed during the install at shared technologies

Thank you for confirming Chris.  I have moved this discussion to the Premiere Elements forum.  The community in this forum may have some suggestions on how to get Premiere Elements 7 functioning in Windows 8.1.

• 7. Re: premiere 12 crashed during the install at shared technologies
                      cowboychris55 Level 1

Hi There,

Well, it appears that P 7 does want to work on any of my systems.

Where do I find this forum?

Regards,

Chris

• 8. Re: premiere 12 crashed during the install at shared technologies

Chris I have already moved the discussion to the Premiere Elements forum.  There is no additional action for you to take in that regard.

• 9. Re: premiere 12 crashed during the install at shared technologies
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

Chris

When last we spoke on these matters, you were going out to supper on October 28, 2014.

Premiere 7 instalation

Somehow you must have replied in another forum for Jeff A Wright (Staff) to have responded to your new thread which is really an

extension of the thread whose link I posted.

The basic problem appears to be that Premiere Elements 7 or Premiere Elements 12 was not installing successfully on your Windows

8.1 64 bit computer.

From what you wrote in the beginning of this new thread, you have succeeded with Premiere Elements 12 and need to go a little bit further to get rid of the Adobe watermark.

Mr Romano suggested that I try the "Trial" P11 or 12, which I did, only to find that while it worked, the output had an "Adobe Trial Version" scrawled across the finished product.

If you have gotten Premiere Elements 12 on Windows 8.1 64 bit to give you a flv file. The program is working. OK, the flv has an Adobe watermark.

Do you have a purchased serial number for Premiere Elements 12? Do you have any interest in buying Premiere Elements 12?

We will be watching for your further comments. We got our basic answer which points back to version 7 and not specifically the computer.

Thanks.

ATR

Add On...Do you want to go back and start at the beginning with Premiere Elements 7 on Windows 8.1 64 bit again or move forward with a

purchased version of 12? Although version 13 is the latest version, version 13 no longer exports flv or f4v files.

• 10. Re: premiere 12 crashed during the install at shared technologies
                            cowboychris55 Level 1

Hi There,

Thank you for your email….

My original task was to take 96 little “AVI” files which a friend had put out as a general request to consolidate them into one long file.

I took up the task as I had both Adobe Premiere and Pinnacle movie software and said “No Problem”.

Now 10 hours later and many emails from you and Mr. Wright, I am no further ahead.

A simple task now has become a NIGHTMARE and I am on the hook to complete this task.

I hadn’t originally contemplated buying any further software as I believed that I was already adequately equipped.

I am almost 70 years old and while I have been in the IT industry since 1965, nothing associated with a computer, these days, ever works as one thinks it should.

I do not want to make this simple task my life’s work or cost me a small fortune to be completed.

Sorry for the rant but my frustration level is past the point of normalcy.

My P 7 now does not even work on my “XP” system where it did in the past. What gives?

Regards,

Christopher Cronk

• 11. Re: premiere 12 crashed during the install at shared technologies
                              A.T. Romano Level 7

Chris

I am not sure what is going on with your Premiere Elements 7 on Windows XP. Not sure if the Microsoft non support for XP is somehow creating

problems.

Do you have Movie Maker 2012 on your computer? You should be able to get that on Windows 8.1 64 bit. If so, can you import your .avi files into it. (Remind me what kind of avi files that you have - DV AVI or other. Other just might get us in trouble depending what is replacing DV for video compression.) With Movie Maker 2012 you can export to a wmv or mp4 file.

Tomorrow I will try to install Premiere Elements 7 on Windows 8.1 64 bit and see what happens.

I have not given up.

ATR

1 person found this helpful
                              • 12. Re: premiere 12 crashed during the install at shared technologies
                                A.T. Romano Level 7

Chris

I installed Premiere Elements 7 on Windows 8.1 64 bit without problems. So, I am concluding that there should not be any

basic Premiere Elements 7 Windows 8.1 64 bit compatibility issues.

a. When I inserted the installation disc into the burner tray, the AutoPlay did not kick in. So I right clicked the burner drive into which the installation disc was inserted, selected Open AutoPlay, followed by Run Autoplay.exe. The installation process with its dialogs followed.

b. The program installed completely - no problems; restarted the computer.

c. The program opened with a dialog regarding "Update Required" which I cancelled out of, and you should also. That update relates

to photoshop.com that no longer exists.

d. Premiere Elements 7 new project, media imported, no problems to that point. Did not go further in the project.

So, please give your Premiere Elements 7 on your Windows 8.1 64 bit computer another try. We will be watching for your results.

ATR

1 person found this helpful
                                • 13. Re: premiere 12 crashed during the install at shared technologies
                                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Chris

Looking forward to your results from installing Premiere Elements 7 on your Windows 8.1 64 bit computer.

Let me know if you want me to try to install Premiere Elements 7 on my Windows XP SP3 32 bit now in its Microsoft non supported state.

(I have XP setup as a virtual operating system and a real one.)

ATR

• 14. Re: premiere 12 crashed during the install at shared technologies
                                    cowboychris55 Level 1

Hi There,

Well, I read your observations and decided to start anew.

I uninstalled all the P 7.0 stuff including preferences and rebooted my machine.

It is a HP Envy running Win 8.1 with the following:

CPU - Intel I7-4700MQ @ 2.40GHZ

RAM – 12GB

Operating System – 64 bit

Drive – 1TB SATA

17in Touch Screen

Not a limp machine.

I installed the P 7 and created a new project.

I imported the 1st of my 96 AVI files and inserted into the timeline.

I imported the other 95 AVI files but they were out of order so I found the 2nd and inserted it into the timeline.

And so on for the 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th, where P 7 hung up and finally told me that it could not continue and click OK to exit.

I restarted P 7 and tried to both Open or Start a Project where I got the usual notice that P 7 had run into a problem. Sorry, a serious error has occurred. Etc”.

I am super frustrated at this point and don’t think much of this software or Adobe.

Regards,

Christopher Cronk

• 15. Re: premiere 12 crashed during the install at shared technologies
                                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Chris

Very good news that you successfully installed Premiere Elements 7 on your Windows 8.1 64 bit system. I knew you could do it. Great job.

I think that we are beyond the install issues now.

From what you wrote, it sounds like you are up against a computer resource issue. And, I hear you that you have a great computer

with 16 GB RAM installed, lots of free hard drive space, and the rest. But......

Adobe never created Premiere Elements 7 to be anything more than a 32 bit application running in a 32 bit system or a 32 bit application

running in the 32 bit compatibility mode of a 64 bit system with all that 16 GB installed RAM et al. The 32 bit system limits maximum supported

installed RAM to 4 GB of which 3 GB or less of that are available.

After the successful Premiere Elements 7 install, 96 avi files went to the Timeline. OK so far. At this point, what was the total duration of the TImeline? Please remind me, what type of .avi files were these?

Next there were 95 avi files that were added to the Timeline. How many avi files were on that Premiere Elements 7 Timeline when the program hung?

From the above, we should be able to decide if Premiere Elements 12, not 7, is your way out of this. Premiere Elements 12 should be able to take advantage of your 64 bit resources nicely since it will be a 64 bit application in a 64 bit system.

Please consider. If I misinterpreted any of your report, please let me know.

Thanks.

ATR

• 16. Re: premiere 12 crashed during the install at shared technologies
                                        cowboychris55 Level 1

Hi There,

Perhaps I wasn’t clear enough in my last email.

I have 96 separate AVIs to consolidate into 1 file, of what, I have yet to decide.

Since P 7 won’t allow me to import more than 1 file initially, I only imported the 1st AVI file into my P 7 and then inserted it into the timeline to start it and then deleted it from P 7. It is still in the timeline..

I then imported the 95 other AVI files into P 7.

Because they were all out of order, I then selected the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, & 5th in sequence and inserted them into the timeline, one at time.

When I selected no.6 and tried to insert it into the next slot in the growing timeline, P 7 did not respond and finally crashed.

When I restarted P 7, the “Sorry, a serious error has occurred ETC” message popped up in both the “Open” & “New” Project categories and in both cases, shut done when I clicked on “OK”.

My only option now, is to restart the uninstall, reboot, reinstall cycle again and hope that I get further.

Maybe if I only import 10 AVI files at a time, maybe P 7 won’t be so overwhelmed.

This is beginning to become a “Never-Wending Story”.

Regards,

Christopher Cronk

• 17. Re: premiere 12 crashed during the install at shared technologies
                                          A.T. Romano Level 7

Chris

Thanks for the clarification.

Consider....given 96 avi files saved somewhere on the hard drive.....Are they all in one folder? Can you place the .avi files in order in the folder and get them to stay in that order even before they get to Premiere Elements 7? If necessary, get them renamed 001.avi, 002.avi and so on up to  096.avi.

Open Premiere Elements 7, set your project preset to match the properties of your source media, followed by Get Media/Files and Folders/

And, here is the perk.

1. When the Add Media Dialog opens for you to browse to and select the files that you want to import, do the browse, do not open the folder when you get to it, just select it, and, at the bottom of the dialog, click on Add Folder, instead of Open.

2. You will then find yourself in Premiere Elements 7's Organize area. Do nothing there. Instead, click on the Edit header (orange), and then Project in the row below. You should be facing your folder which has inside it your 96 ordered .avi files inside. Do not open that folder.

3. With your mouse cursor, drag that whole folder icon to the Timeline Video 1/Audio 1. At that time you should see Video 1/Audio1 populated with your 96 .avi files in order.

The above is intended to minimize an workflow maneuvers that might trigger any project problems.

One of the problems may be that your Premiere Elements 7/computer system may be slowed down by the size of the project and you are working faster than the project?

Thinking positive thoughts.

ATR

• 18. Re: premiere 12 crashed during the install at shared technologies
                                            cowboychris55 Level 1

Hi There,,

Seems easy enough…

Here we go again..

Standby.

Regards,

Chris

• 19. Re: premiere 12 crashed during the install at shared technologies
                                              cowboychris55 Level 1

Hi There,

NO JOY!!!!

I did the R & R sequence and restarted P 7.

I created a new project and went to “Get Media”.

The media (AVI Files) are in a separate folder and ARE in order – 1--> 96 -.

I clicked “Get Media” and then “Add Folder”.

P 7 then popped up a slider and I waited till it slid to the right.

It went away and all the INDIVIDUAL AVIs appeared but the order was again all MIXED up…

I tried deleting them and P 7 hung up and finally crashed.

So what’s next, Captain.

Regards,

Chris

• 20. Re: premiere 12 crashed during the install at shared technologies
                                                A.T. Romano Level 7

Chris

This is the part that has me concerned...

P 7 then popped up a slider and I waited till it slid to the right.

It went away and all the INDIVIDUAL AVIs appeared but the order was again all MIXED up…

1. Inspect the .avi files inside the folder which is saved to your computer hard drive.

Did you use the numbering system 001.avi, 002.avi, 003.avi and continuing to the end with 096.avi? Did you find

them all in order? Assuming the answer is yes....

2. Open Premiere Elements 7, Timeline workspace, go to Get Media/Files and Folders and navigate to your folder with

those numbered ordered avi files. I am using my Plants Folder as an example.

GetMedia7 copy.jpg

Did you select your folder with the .avi files and, leaving that folder unopened, did you then click on Add Folder.

3. Back in Premiere Elements 7 Timeline workspace...

Immediately clicked on Edit header (orange), and then clicked on Project so that you saw

Overall7 copy.jpg

Then you clicked and dragged on that folder in Project Media to bring it to the Timeline Video Track 1/Audio Track 1.

Once the folder hit the Timeline, the lineup (in order) of your avi files should have been generated across the Timeline.

Did all that happen as I have described?

If yes and still no go, then...

1. Go back to the place where you have the folder (with 96 avi saved). Put 1/2 in one folder and 1/2 in another folder.

2. Do the process in 2 steps...first trying to get the first folder content in, then the second when the first is completed

successfully.

That is the plan.

Looking forward to your results.

ATR

• 21. Re: premiere 12 crashed during the install at shared technologies
                                                  cowboychris55 Level 1

Hi There,

I did exactly as your first picture depicted however when the files were imported into P 7, they did not show up as a single folder but as the 96 individual files.

Maybe I didn’t start out correctly and click on the correct “Get Media” button.

I will restart the “R & R” again and try the ½ at time.

Regards,

Chris

• 22. Re: premiere 12 crashed during the install at shared technologies
                                                    A.T. Romano Level 7

Chris

Thanks.

The major perk of the folder way is that those .avi files are in order when they hit the Timeline, and

the chances of crashes associated with moving things around on that Timeline is minimized.

ATR

• 23. Re: premiere 12 crashed during the install at shared technologies
                                                      cowboychris55 Level 1

Hi There,

Well, we are no further ahead as I could not past the dreaded “Sorry, a serious error, ETC” message although I “R & Red” 3 times.

I will try again when my brain can take it this morning.

Regards,

Chris

• 24. Re: premiere 12 crashed during the install at shared technologies
                                                        A.T. Romano Level 7

Chris

You can do it.

If necessary, start a new project and go step by step through the suggested steps from hard drive folder to that folder opened when it hits the Premiere Elements Timeline.

Did you ever tell me what kind of .avi files you are working with? Are they .avi files using DV compression or something else? If DV.avi, are they standard 4:3 or widescreen 16:9. An important property of the DV AVI is "Is it type 1 and type 2"? Premiere Elements works with Type 2. You can tell what you have in this regard by putting one of your .avi files through the free utility named GSpot (Container section of the dialog).

http://www.headbands.com/gspot/

ATR

• 25. Re: premiere 12 crashed during the install at shared technologies
                                                          cowboychris55 Level 1

Hi There,

Attached are 2 of the 96 AVI files.

You are into this stuff far too deeply than I want know about.

Regards,

Chris

• 26. Re: premiere 12 crashed during the install at shared technologies
                                                            A.T. Romano Level 7

Chris

Thanks for the reply and trying to send some samples for me to check out for you. But, the samples did not get attached.

Let us try this. Import one of the .avi files into any Premiere Elements project. When it is in the Project Media area (the place in the screenshot where I pointed to the folder to drag to the Timeline), right click the file there for this one .avi (which is not in a folder), and select Properties. What does it show there under Properties for:

Type:

Image Size

Frame Rate

Pixel Aspect Ratio

I will try to make that do the job for the information that I seek.

ATR

• 27. Re: premiere 12 crashed during the install at shared technologies
                                                              cowboychris55 Level 1

Hi There,

We’ll try again.

I do not understand why you didn’t get the attachments.

Well, I read your observations and decided to start anew.

I uninstalled all the P 7.0 stuff including preferences and rebooted my machine.

It is a HP Envy running Win 8.1 with the following:

CPU - Intel I7-4700MQ @ 2.40GHZ

RAM – 12GB

Operating System – 64 bit

Drive – 1TB SATA

17in Touch Screen

Not a limp machine.

I installed the P 7 and created a new project.

I imported the 1st of my 96 AVI files and inserted into the timeline.

I imported the other 95 AVI files but they were out of order so I found the 2nd and inserted it into the timeline.

And so on for the 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th, where P 7 hung up and finally told me that it could not continue and click OK to exit.

I restarted P 7 and tried to both Open or Start a Project where I got the usual notice that P 7 had run into a problem. Sorry, a serious error has occurred. Etc”.

I am super frustrated at this point and don’t think much of this software or Adobe.

Regards,

Christopher Cronk

• 28. Re: premiere 12 crashed during the install at shared technologies
                                                                A.T. Romano Level 7

Chris

Thanks for the follow up details.

Please do not uninstall Premiere Elements 7 any more on your Windows 7 64 bit. Leave it installed.

My last round of troubleshooting never intended that.

At this point, I strongly suspect that the issue goes to the nature of what you are putting on the Timeline and

or the computer resources that you are stuck with because you are using Premiere Elements 7 instead of 12.

We need to communicate on that information.

1. Please import 1 of your .avi files into a new project, instead of a folder. When this one .avi file was in the

Project Media area, right click the thumbnail for the file there, select Properties, and please tell me what Properties

are given for that .avi file:

Type:

Image Size

Frame Rate

Pixel Aspect Ratio

After that forget about this project that was set up just to find out the Properties of one of the .avi files.

Do not do anything after that except tell me what you saw for the files Properties.

Also, do you recall what the total duration was when you had 96 files on the Timeline?

Thanks.

ATR

Add On...If you post information, best do that directly by coming to the Adobe Premiere Elements Forum web page and doing

your add on there rather than trying to do that via an email notification or cell phone. But, right now, we do need any add ons. Just

the information requested above in this particular post.

• 29. Re: premiere 12 crashed during the install at shared technologies
                                                                  cowboychris55 Level 1

Hi There,

I am totally bewildered by some of your statements.

When I tell you that after I install P 7 and then run it and immediately before it opens, I get the DEADLY “Sorry, a serious error has occurred, ETC” message and the program aborts as soon as I click “OK”, what does the imported media have to do with anything???? It NEVER gets to see it…

It never gets that far to even open or create a project.

To top it off, the only way to reset this inane problem is to do the “Remove, Reboot, Reinstall, Reboot, Run” sequence where there is then a 50-50% chance that the P 7 will even open up or crash.

Do you understand now!!!!!

Regards,

Chris

• 30. Re: premiere 12 crashed during the install at shared technologies
                                                                    A.T. Romano Level 7

Chris

Please review your post 27 to see where I am coming from.

I suspect we are a little out of sync. Want us to get together on this so that you can complete the task that you have

accepted to do.

When I posted last, I was basing my comments on what you wrote in your post which is numbered 27.

I read that post to mean

a. you had installed Premiere Elements 7 on Windows 8.1 64 bit and had successfully imported some of your

.avi files.

b. in rearranging them, you ran into problems. - enter the folder approach with which you seem to have achieve partial

success.

That alone was the basis for the content of my post 28.

Were you not able to open another Premiere Elements 7 project after that. And that is why you did the uninstall/reinstall that you wrote that you did?

I did not read your reply to indicate that and expected you to open a new project and move forward in the new project.

The prime focus of my post 28 was - All I wanted to know was what kind of .avi you have. Even though you might not want to go that deeply into the matter,

it may be the key to discovering how to get to success with your project.

Now in post 29, you are staying that you never got any avi files into your Premiere Elements 7 Windows 8.1 64 bit project. And, you seem to say

that you have been involved in uninstalling/reinstalling the program again. That sort of set up flares that something was missing in the most recent  communications.

The troubleshooting is going to have different approaches depending on whether the project crashes just opening versus

it crashing while you are working in one of its opened projects.

I will be watching for your current details and will review them and then suggest what next based on what you write.

Thanks.

ATR

• 31. Re: premiere 12 crashed during the install at shared technologies
                                                                      cowboychris55 Level 1

Hi There,

I have no idea what you are talking about when you mention post 27 or 28.

All I am responding to is your emails.

Right now P 7 is NOT installed on my machine but I will reinstall it after this email.

I will try to create a NEW project and I will attempt to bring the 1st AVI into P 7.

If that works, I will attempt to bring in some more, saving the project as I move along.

If it crashes, That’s it. I have had my fill and this task is being abandoned.

I will seek other methods to see if I can accomplish it, if at all.

Regards,

Chris

• 32. Re: premiere 12 crashed during the install at shared technologies
                                                                        A.T. Romano Level 7

Chris

I suspect part of the communications problem is related to email notifications and perhaps you may have missed one or more in the traffic in your emails.

When you use the email notification, you are not communicating with just me. What you write gets posted in the opened Adobe Premiere Elements Forum in your thread for all to see, with each post having a sequential number. If you get the time, you might want to access the Adobe Premiere Elements Forum using your web browser to see what I mean.

For now...if you do reinstall Premiere Elements 7 on your Windows 8.1 64 bit and do get the first .avi file to the Timeline, could you stop there and get me the information that I requested for that .avi file. To get that information, in the project media area, right click the .avi file thumbnail there and select Properties. Then tell me what is shown in Properties for that file. Although this is not the ideal way to gather file information for our purposes, it will be the quickest and easiest for you and may give us the information that will help understand what is happening to prevent success.

Thank you.

ATR

• 33. Re: premiere 12 crashed during the install at shared technologies
                                                                          cowboychris55 Level 1

Hi There,

I tried but to no avail.

I removed everything.

I even went into the register and deleted every entry relating to “Adobe Premiere”.

I believe that now, my machine was clean of anything relating to “Adobe Premiere”.

I installed the Adobe Premiere 7.0 from the factory CD-ROM.

The install then did a reboot.

Now I believe I have a new “Virgin” version of Adobe Premiere 7.0 installed on my system.

I opened the Adobe Premiere 7.0 and selected “New Project”.

I was asked for a name for my new project and where it was to be located.

I filled in a new name and location and clicked on “OK”.

A “Pop-Up” appeared saying “Default Catalog Found. Attempting to open default catalog.”.

I clicked “OK” and then, the dreaded “Sorry, a serious error, ETC” message appeared and I clicked “OK”.

The Adobe Premiere 7.0 program crashed and shut down.

I’m done.

Regards,

Chris

• 34. Re: premiere 12 crashed during the install at shared technologies
                                                                            A.T. Romano Level 7

Chris

Thanks for the outcome.

If done is done, then I wish you success with an alternative video editor and thank you for working through the troubleshooting. In that case, read

no further in this reply. But....

A while back I mentioned the free Movie Maker 2012 to generate a file containing all your files, provided that the Movie Maker 2012 supported

your file format. There are probably other choices to explore.

Why Premiere Elements 7 is not working on your Windows 8.1 64 bit is not clear. It should. Since another higher version of Premiere Elements seems

to have worked for you but you do not want to go there, that route is not doable. If we had continued with 7 and Windows 8.1 64 bit, we could have looked at the OK or not OK to clicking on

A “Pop-Up” appeared saying “Default Catalog Found. Attempting to open default catalog.”

With a not OK choice, we might have tried to create a new Catalog to determine if that maneuver got us beyond the crash event.

My recollection is that your Premiere Elements 7 does not now work on Windows XP 32 bit computer where it presumably worked before.

At that time I wondered about that - problem with the program or problem with XP no longer being supported by Microsoft. In the case of 7 on Windows 8.1 64 bit, I worked through that first hand, and had no problems. Do you want me to try 7 on Windows XP to see if I can get that to work for me?

If done is done then you need not reply.

Best wishes

ATR

• 35. Re: premiere 12 crashed during the install at shared technologies
                                                                              cowboychris55 Level 1

Hi There,

Thank you for your reply and suggestions.

I apologize for being somewhat “Snippy” as my frustration level had hit its breaking point.

I am not usually that way.

Right now, I am going to enjoy some “Single Malted Scotch” and relax, watch the news, hoping that it isn’t all bad.

Regards,

Chris

• 36. Re: premiere 12 crashed during the install at shared technologies
                                                                                A.T. Romano Level 7

Chris

We will work with you to the last frame if necessary. But, maybe time for the rest and relaxation and then advancing refreshed in the

most promising video direction.

Until then,

Best wishes

ATR

• 37. Re: premiere 12 crashed during the install at shared technologies
                                                                                  cowboychris55 Level 1

Hi There,

As a last desperate attempt to get my Premiere 7.0 to work. I installed it on my old "XP" machine.

When I tried to open and existing project, I got the dreaded "Sorry, a serious error occurred, ETC" message and then shut down.

I restarted P 7 and chose, "Create a NEW project" and received the same dreaded message.

I give up!!!!

Regards,

Chr@@is

PS: I am wondering if I have a defective CD-ROM contaning the software....

• 38. Re: premiere 12 crashed during the install at shared technologies
                                                                                    A.T. Romano Level 7

Chris

Thanks for the reply. Since I wrote previously, I have went ahead and installed Premiere Elements 7 (from installation disc) on Windows XP Professional SP3 32 bit to rule out that XP's lack of support from Microsoft might be at the root of your problems. I had no problems installing and working with Premiere Elements 7 on Windows XP Professional SP3 32 bit. I did some importing of 10 minutes worth of SD wmv files and moving them around...no problems.

At this time, all is pointing to your installation disc for Premiere Elements 7...it may not be the answer, but everything is pointing to it

1. With that disc, you cannot install your Premiere Elements 7 on Windows XP 32 bit or Window 7 64 bit

2. You can install tryout Premiere Elements (I think it was 12) on your Windows 7 64 bit computer, but you prefer not to purchase the 12 software.

The troubleshooting path was not always consistent since at some points along the way it appeared that you could install and work with Premiere Elements 7 on Windows 7 64 bit, but Timeline content maneuvering shut the projects down. But, now the issue appears to reside exclusively with installation of the program.

The point of our troubleshooting attack is on course to target the installation disc. I know of no place to obtain tryout Premiere Elements 7 files into which you could insert your purchased serial number. And, you do not want to purchase any more Premiere Elements software.

In that situation, if you were to continue the troubleshooting, then the best might be to copy of the content of the installation disc into a folder on the computer hard drive and then install Premiere Elements 7 from there, using the files' setup.exe. If that gets you a working program on Windows XP or 7, then we might invoke a damaged installation disc.

Please remind me...is Windows Movie Maker a possible choice to use as a video editor if all else fails.

We will be watching for your progress.

Thank you.

ATR