2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 29, 2014 8:43 AM by jdanek

Looking to Make a New ICC Profile

Riniti

Hey guys. I've been looking to make a custom ICC Profile (for the monitor) for quite a while, but I've run into too many contradictions and dead ends to continue on. I've read in several places that PhotoShop CS6 can be used to make a new profile, but I've seen many conflicting points and thoughts on this. Suffice to say, I've grown confused on the matter. To be clear- I want to create a new, custom ICC Profile for the monitor. I am not editing old profiles, and I'm not making a profile for a printer. Is it possible to do this using PhotoShop CS6, or is it not? If it is not, where/how do I go about creating one? Any help on the matter is much appreciated.

~Lilian

• 1. Re: Looking to Make a New ICC Profile
          jdanek Level 4

Typically, you'd need a hardware device such as xRite's EyeOne ( off the top of my head, could be a similar device and/or manufacturer ) calibrator.  You ru the ops and it will give you the ability to create a custom .icc profile for the monitor.  Mac systems come with "ColorSync" which also lets you create a custom monitor profile.  I know of no Photoshop abilities to create a custom profile for the monitor.

• 2. Re: Looking to Make a New ICC Profile
            jdanek Level 4

Also, Apple systems have a control panel called "Monitor" which can be displayed in the menu bar.  Inside, find "Display Preferences > Calibrate".  Windows should have something similar if that's your OS.