1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 29, 2014 6:28 AM by dj_paige

working with Lightroom between a Windows desktop and laptop

LewisABrown

Please forgive me if there appears to be an obvious answer to this question.  I'm sure a lot of it has to do with work flows.

I have both a Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit desktop and laptop both with Adobe CC (Photoshop CC 2014 & Lightroom 5.6) installed.

I always treat my desktop as my "Main" machine as it holds ALL of my 10,000 odd images all stor ed in a folder structure.

As a very new Lightroom user, I'm slowly starting to bring all these images into a LR catalogue folder by folder, but this will take some time.

My actual question is how can I edit a photo on my laptop in LR but ensure that the edited image is stored back in my Lightroom Catalogue on my desktop?   I hope this question makes sense.

I don't store all my images up onto the cloud seeing we're talking just over 100GB.  It's not like LR Mobile where one can select an image or collection to Sync and my understanding is that it appears on your Lightroom Mobile; I'm an android person and so yes,  am STILL waiting for an android version of Lightroom Mobile

Thank you all for your patience with a newbie LR user