6 Replies Latest reply on Oct 30, 2014 6:52 AM by Alex7777

Ps CS5 - Runtime error - which files need to be deleted ? -  if thats the fix

Alex7777 Level 1

So I just went thru all this with Adobe Premiere, and now I will have to go thru it with Ps5.   I am getting the run time error in my  Ps CS 5 version 12.0.4  x64 , running on a PC window 7.

The program crashes immediately upon opening. With premier I had to go in and delete a preferences file, and then it worked again (Thanks to A.T. Romano for the fix) but I lost any

projects that were in the works. Anyone know how to fix the photoshop problem? And is it likely I will be going thru this with my Lightroom 3 as well?

Thanks

AC

• 1. Re: Ps CS5 - Runtime error - which files need to be deleted ? -  if thats the fix
          JJMack Most Valuable Participant

If CS5 worked in the past try pressing and holding Shift+Ctrl+Alt right after click the icon to start CS5. If you do it quickly in time Photoshop should prompt yous and ask if you want your Photoshop Preferences deleted

• 2. Re: Ps CS5 - Runtime error - which files need to be deleted ? -  if thats the fix
            Alex7777 Level 1

JJ Mack

Just to clarify, Do you know if thats the fix for ps5 runtime error ? Or just thats how you access preferences ?

Thanks AC

• 3. Re: Ps CS5 - Runtime error - which files need to be deleted ? -  if thats the fix

Alex7777 wrote:

JJ Mack

Just to clarify, Do you know if thats the fix for ps5 runtime error ? Or just thats how you access preferences ?

Thanks AC

No you never posted the information about your errors I was just answered your question about preferences. If you want to work on your errors

Supply pertinent information

The more information you supply about your situation, the better equipped other community members will be to answer. Consider including the following in your question:

• Adobe product and version number
              • Operating system and version number
              • The full text of any error message(s)
              • What you were doing when the problem occurred
              • Screenshots of the problem
              • Computer hardware, such as CPU; GPU; amount of RAM; etc.
              • 4. Re: Ps CS5 - Runtime error - which files need to be deleted ? -  if thats the fix
                Alex7777 Level 1

I am running -- 

Ps CS 5 version 12.0.4  x64 , running on a PC window 7 Home Premium.

Upon starting Ps I immediately get --

"An unexpected and unrecoverable problem has occurred. Photoshop will now exit."   

after clicking OK, I get -

"Microsoft Visual C ++ Runtime Library"   and   "Runtime error     This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unuasal way. Please contact the applications support team for more information"

You then click OK, and the program closes.

Computer is not connected to the internet.

Computer Hardware is Intel i7-3770 with 16 GB Ram

Everything has run fine for over a year until the other day, when without warning, Adobe Premier elements stopped working, but is now fixed thanks to the forums. And now Ps and Lightroom are dead.

AC

• 5. Re: Ps CS5 - Runtime error - which files need to be deleted ? -  if thats the fix

There should also be something in your system reliability history for the error. It may indicate  what module Photoshop is using that is failing.

• 6. Re: Ps CS5 - Runtime error - which files need to be deleted ? -  if thats the fix
                    Alex7777 Level 1

Report looks like this - If I have posted too much info here please let me know.

AC

Description
                    Faulting Application Path:    C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS5 (64 Bit)\Photoshop.exe

Problem signature
                    Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH
                    Application Name:    Photoshop.exe
                    Application Version:    12.0.4.0
                    Application Timestamp:    4d9d8f8e
                    Fault Module Name:    ntdll.dll
                    Fault Module Version:    6.1.7601.18247
                    Fault Module Timestamp:    521eaf24
                    Exception Code:    c0000005
                    Exception Offset:    000000000004e3a8
                    OS Version:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
                    Locale ID:    4105
                    Additional Information 1:    cbc0
                    Additional Information 2:    cbc0d926a2f92268d3bd20c730671667
                    Additional Information 3:    076a
                    Additional Information 4:    076aed68919b9bb080378f0514cfd5ec

Files that help describe the problem
                    AppCompat.txt
                    WERInternalMetadata.xml
                    memory.hdmp
                    minidump.mdmp