3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 29, 2014 3:43 PM by gener7

forced to use photoshop extended

redshoesgirl

trying to launch an image from photomechanic in my normal way this morning via keyboard command...

instead of my normal CS6 opening, a screen popped up advertising CS extended. it wouldn't let me just close the window and continue. i had to either click buy or trial.

now, if i wanted CS extended i would have bought that. or Creative Cloud or any other thing connected to photoshop.

so i have photoshop extended on the computer. i don't want it. i just want my regular CS6 back.

please advise how to get rid of it.

*new macbook pro, maverick 10.9.4.

• 1. Re: forced to use photoshop extended
          gener7 Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Click on buy and you should be asked for a serial number. Enter your number and it will convert to Photoshop Standard.

• 2. Re: forced to use photoshop extended
            redshoesgirl Level 1

actually i misspoke, it says license or trial. but your tip worked. so what is it for?

• 3. Re: forced to use photoshop extended
              gener7 Adobe Community Professional & MVP

When you first install Photoshop, unless you input a serial number or sign in to a Creative Cloud subscription, it will default to a 30 day Photoshop Extended trial with an ad to join Creative Cloud.

A couple of weeks ago I opened my licensed copy of  Illustrator CS6 on my computer after having not used it in a while. I know creative cloud verifies the subscription every 30-99 days by making you sign in, so even for licensed users I suppose there is a check like that as well.

If forgot whether the term was "License" or "Buy", but I do know you will be asked to sign in and supply your serial number.

As a final caution, be sure your Photoshop serial number is registered with Adobe. You can then access it from your account anywhere. I don't know what to tell someone who didn't and the package or receipt is buried in a storage locker, or got thrown out and they have a project for a client waiting.

Gene