• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

when I try to install flash player on my mac, I get to the panel that asks for my name and password, and it will not take my password. tried changing to a new password and same result

Oct 29, 2014 Oct 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to install flash player on my Mac, I get to the panel that asks for my name and password, but it will not take my password.  Tried changing the password, but same result.  Suggestions??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 29, 2014 Oct 29, 2014

This password prompt is presented by your operating system, and is intended to keep you from accidentally installing software.

If this is your personal machine and you don't need a password to log into the computer when it first starts up, you can probably leave the password blank and click OK to get past this prompt.  If this is your personal machine and your normal password isn't working, check to make sure that CAPS LOCK is off, and type the password carefully.

If this is your work machine and

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This password prompt is presented by your operating system, and is intended to keep you from accidentally installing software.

If this is your personal machine and you don't need a password to log into the computer when it first starts up, you can probably leave the password blank and click OK to get past this prompt.  If this is your personal machine and your normal password isn't working, check to make sure that CAPS LOCK is off, and type the password carefully.

If this is your work machine and it's asking for an Administrator password, well, you'll need to have a conversation with your friendly IT person.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked!  Thanks so much for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am unable to push past the window asking for password.  I  have changed it, logged into Adobe help, sent here.  A hint pops up that has nothing to do with the reset password.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this is your work machine and it's asking for an Administrator password, well, you'll need to have a conversation with your friendly IT person.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 30, 2014 Oct 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I successfully set up name, email address and password and am able to login.  But in trying to update the flash player, it won't accept my password, just jiggles.  Stuck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 30, 2014 Oct 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2015 Jun 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesn't work for me. It still jiggles and won't let me update Adobe flash player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 08, 2015 Jun 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you're still stumped, you may need to reset the password on your Mac:

http://support.apple.com/kb/PH18653

http://support.apple.com/kb/PH14325

http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201240

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines