• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Want to create private blogs / diaries for clients

Contributor ,
Oct 29, 2014 Oct 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all - I am looking for the fastest, most effective way to create private blog (diary) areas for my site's readers.

In the distant past, I handcrafted an extensive diary and note system, but today, there are two problems. The first is that compared to what is offered today, it looks like an antique, and two, I want to minimize stress for the people who run CF and SQL servers and make sure I create the most secure system possible.

I want people to create an account that includes a private "note/blog" area. Their entries can be seen sequentially by, at least, date. It would be nice to search the entries by key words, however, I'm OK with keeping things simple.

I wouldn't mind using something like a very stripped down CMS like, for example, WordPress. The issue is that I anticipate making thousands of diaries. So I'm more concerned with the CMS than WordPress itself and all of its themes.

I am aware of FCKeditor and fooled around a bit with it 10 years ago. Possibly that is all I need to concentrate on. If you recommend that, do you know of a CF group/people who are expert in it? I have the skill to craft my own and currently, no budget for outside programmers (wish this was not true), but would consider buying a module including an enrollment system already done except for final hookups.

Last, I'm aware of forum creation services. I use WebsiteToolbox for one of my sites, for example. Does anyone know of any service that could create multiple "personal" topic streams?

Hopefully, Karen

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Oct 29, 2014 Oct 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are a couple of existing open-source CF-based CMS systems that are frequently used for blogs: Mura CMS and ContentBox. Might be worth looking into.

-Carl V.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 09, 2014 Dec 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, Carl. I'll look into them. Sorry I didn't see your post until tonight!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation