1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 29, 2014 4:34 PM by A.T. Romano

I have Adobe Premiere Elements 7...

adobe premiere elements e

I have Adobe Premiere Elements 7.  I'm running windows vista home premium with 8 GB of memory.  I've used it for years successfully until recently when I try to open it.  It stops and reads:  Sorry, a serious error has occured that requires Adobe Pre Ele to shut down.  We will attempt to save your current project.

• 1. Re: I have Adobe Premiere Elements 7...
          A.T. Romano Level 7

adobe premiere elements e

Was the onset of your Premiere Elements 7 problems associated with you going to editing of large high definition projects?

Your 8 GB of memory will not help you out in the way of computer resources when it comes to Premiere Elements 7 on Windows Vista

whether Vista is 32 or 64 bit. Premiere Elements 7 is a 32 bit application that is a 32 bit application in a 32 bit system and runs in the 32 bit

compatibility mode of a 64 bit system. In such a condition, 32 bit system limitations exist - maximum supported installed RAM 4 GB of which 3 GB or less of that are available.

How far into a project do you get before you get the serious error message? What are the properties of your source media? What are you setting as your project preset to match the properties of that source media?

Can we assume that you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on the same computer with Premiere Elements 7, you are running the program as administrator, your video card/graphics card driver version is up to date according to the web site of the manufacturer of the card. Also, determine if

the problem exists with and without the antivirus and firewall(s) disabled.

Please review and consider. Based on your reply, we can plan a troubleshooting strategy.

Thank you.

ATR