3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 29, 2014 8:52 PM by A.T. Romano

Elements 12 Help

Denise Deer

I am having trouble getting my disc to burn in elements 12. Once the project is finished it says it has burnt to disc and you can see that it is on the disc but it wont play on any player or if reinsert disc into computer it tells me the disc is empty. Someone please help Im getting very frustrated. Have even tried burning to folder then disc but I don't get the menu

• 1. Re: Elements 12 Help
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Denise Deer

On what computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 12 running?

Have you updated 12 to the 12.1 Update using an opened project's Help Menu/Update? If not, please do so.

Please clarify your results with Burn to Folder (4.7 GB) for your Publish+Share/Disc/DVD. Can you get the saved

folder containing the OpenDVD Folder and the VIDEO_TS Folder? If so, have you taken only the VIDEO_TS Folder

to DVD disc with 3rd party software, ImgBurn?

What Movie Menu have you applied and clicked Done to, before the burn to folder (4.7 GB)? Are you saying that you have

applied Movie Menu in that case, and the ImgBurn DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc does not contain a Movie Menu? If so, what

are you using for the player - DVD player attached to the TV or a computer player such as the VLC Player?

We will be watching for your follow up.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Elements 12 Help
            Denise Deer Level 1

Thank you, my system is running 12.1, and I have been using imgburn for burning. It turns out I wasn't adding both files to imgburn & one of my dvd players would not play them. I'm just hopeing now that when I send this to family that it will play on their players.

Thank you again for your help.

Denise

• 3. Re: Elements 12 Help
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Denise Deer

Thanks for the reply.

Just in case note....when you do the Premiere Elements burn to folder (4.7 GB), you get a folder saved to the computer

hard drive which contains an OpenDVD Folder and a VIDEO_TS Folder. It is only the VIDEO_TS Folder that you take into

ImgBurn.

However, there are relatively rare occasions where you need an Audio_TS Folder for player compatibility purposes.

So, what you do in that case, you create a new empty folder on the desktop of your computer and name it AUDIO_TS.

Then when you are in ImgBurn you import the VIDEO_TS Folder and AUDIO_TS Folder into ImgBurn for the burn to

DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc there.

You do not take the OpenDVD Folder into ImgBurn.

Another just in case note, the player needs to support the disc type as well as the format on the disc type.

Please update us on your progress when you get a chance.

Best wishes.

ATR