2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 30, 2014 12:02 AM by JohnnyJomp

issue changing modules

JohnnyJomp

Hello everyone

I had to reinstall LR and every time I start it now, I get an error message saying "an error occurred while attempting to change modules". I get a blank grey screen, no side panels, but at the bottom it lists how many photos are in the catalog and in the folder. There is no filmstrip. Clicking on Preferences  does nothing; no dialogs or anything. It used to run fine.

OSX 10.9.5, The only software issue I have had is not being able to update to Yosemite.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

joHN

• 1. Re: issue changing modules
          JohnnyJomp Level 1

PS: I have installed LR4 and got the same results

• 2. Re: issue changing modules
            JohnnyJomp Level 1

There is a good list of possible work arounds here:

Error changing modules | Lightroom

This is what fixed it (I think. I hope!) for me:

Solution 5: Set correct permissions on Lightroom folder inside Application Support

NOTE: Use this solution if you are asked for your serial number after you relaunch Lightroom after getting this error.

The Lightroom folder inside Application Support could have the wrong permissions preventing Lightroom from writing to it which can cause this error.

• Navigate to the following folder: /Users/[user name]/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom
            • Highlight the Lightroom folder and chose File > Get Information
            • Under Sharing & Permission, verify that your have Read & Write Privileges. If not, click the padlock icon at the lower right, enter your password when prompted, then click the Read only entry and select Read & Write.

Important: (Mac OS) Apple made the user library folder hidden by default with the release of Mac OS X 10.7. If you need access to files in the hidden library folder to perform Adobe-related troubleshooting, see How to access hidden user library files.