6 Replies Latest reply on Feb 1, 2015 5:55 PM by gener7

Adobe Photoshop CC 3D keeps crashing

superunknown88

Hi I'm on Windows 8.  I'm using AMD A4-5000 APU with Radeon (TM) HD graphics 1.50 GHz with about 8.00GB RAM.  it  works perfect until I select the 3D option.  It says " do you want to switch to 3D workspace, then when I tick yes..I get "  Photoshop CC has stopped working, please close"

This happens all the time.

Here's the event Log.

I don't really understand it.  Thanks.

Faulting application name: Photoshop.exe, version: 15.2.1.257, time stamp: 0x543dbc5e

Faulting module name: Photoshop.exe, version: 15.2.1.257, time stamp: 0x543dbc5e

Exception code: 0xc000001d

Fault offset: 0x00000000049dc312

Faulting process ID: 0x1a9e0

Faulting application start time: 0x01cff44da93af867

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2014\Photoshop.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2014\Photoshop.exe

Report ID: 20157e32-6041-11e4-bead-f80f41a02e10

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

• 1. Re: Adobe Photoshop CC 3D keeps crashing
          superunknown88 Level 1

I've made sure that 'use graphics processor" is on.  I'm not sure what settings I need to change?

Photoshop works perfect until I try to use 3D...then it says " Photoshop CC has stopped working, please close"

I really need to use the 3D for work.  Thanks.

• 2. Re: Adobe Photoshop CC 3D keeps crashing
            superunknown88 Level 1

Please help anyone?  I've tried so many different settings.  I select the switch to 3D workspace option then it loads for a few seconds...then it crashes.  If I select "no"  it still crashes.

• 3. Re: Adobe Photoshop CC 3D keeps crashing
              EGS1

Excellent Question.  Just a few days ago, I was working fine in 3D, then I updated.  I can't remember whether I was using Photoshop CC before the update or if I was using Photoshop CC 2014 and it just had an available update . . . either way, I've tried disabling extensions, updating Windows 8.1, updating my graphics driver, uninstalling and reinstalling Photoshop CC 2014 (both without and with the new update)  . . . . NOTHING worked.  I've now lost about 9 hours of work time just trying to get the silly 3D to work again.

I'm currently  uninstalling Photoshop CC 2014 and installing Photoshop CC.  If that doesn't work, I'll be going back further to Photoshop CS6.

• 4. Re: Adobe Photoshop CC 3D keeps crashing
                stlstyles Level 1

mine is doing the same.  anytime i try to use any 3d tools it crashes.  been working with adobe support for 2 weeks but still nothing to fix it.  i have uninstalled reinstalled many times, tried 4 different video drivers, just got done doing a full reset and reinstall of windows(which sucks because it takes forever to re-update windows to current, lose all and reinstall all software again) tried creating admin account and running in that instead, tried running in safe mode.  all still same result, crashes as soon as i try to use 3d tools.  i have had adobe support in my computer remotely multiple times for hours at a time and they still cannot figure it out.  they said next they have to contact the software engineer.  i have the amd a6-5200 hd 8400 processor and graphics.  i am about to make a thread to see if i can get any help on this too.

• 5. Re: Adobe Photoshop CC 3D keeps crashing
                  ebs675 Level 1

I too am having this same issue. Did you ever hear back from adobe support?  My graphics card and driver work well with other 3d programs.

• 6. Re: Adobe Photoshop CC 3D keeps crashing
                    gener7 Adobe Community Professional & MVP

About the only place I have seen this happen is in systems that have both on board graphics and a dedicated graphics card. The solution is to make the dedicated card the preferred card for 3D. NvDia has a control panel for that selection and some require you to go into the system bios.

You can now look at your PC make and model and research how this is to be done.

Gene