12 Replies Latest reply on Dec 20, 2015 12:03 AM by chrisk39776543

Premiere 13 crashed/freezed when adding text

Matthieufr

Can't make a subtitle

• 1. Re: Premiere 13 crashed/freezed when adding text
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Matthleufr

What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 13 running on?

Is the title/crashing/freezing when adding text the only problem that you have with the program?

How are you creating these titles Text Menu/New/Default Text or something else.

Please give a full description of the Timeline content (including duration) when you are applying assumed

text title. Or, are you using title templates?

According to the Device Manager/Display Adapter area, is the computer using 1 or 2 video cards/graphics cards. Name(s)?

Is this a "it worked before but not now" or "it never worked before" problem? Are you working on purchased or tryout version

of 13?

Let us start here and then decide what next.

ATR

• 2. Re: Premiere 13 crashed/freezed when adding text
            Matthieufr Level 1

I think, I found my problem.

First, I have a Toshiba i5 laptop.

My problem was detected when I would insert a new default text. My computer would freeze.

After reinstalling PE13, the problem was still there.

So I created a new project with a new name in a new directory.

I found a lot of temporary files in the last directory that I deleted.

Since then, no freezing.

Matthieu

• 3. Re: Premiere 13 crashed/freezed when adding text
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Matthieu

Thanks for the follow up with the great new that the text title/program freezing issue is gone. Great job.

The default save location (Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit) for your particular project file would be Libraries/Documents/Adobe/Premiere Elements/13.0.

How much free space was at the location? At that 13.0 Folder level, you need to watch out for pile ups of preview files in the Adobe Premiere Elements Preview Files Folder and Media Cache Files Folder there in particular.

When you open 13, the default project name would have been expected to be My new video project 1.prel.

For the new project, what name did you give it, and what was its save in location?

If you have the time, we would be interested in those additional details of your success.

Best wishes

ATR

• 4. Re: Premiere 13 crashed/freezed when adding text
                wellsbridge

Hi,

I am also having the same issue.  I uninstalled the programme and re installed and I am still having a problem with it freezing everytime I go to add in default text.

Any idea's on how I can resolve the issue?

Thanks in advance

SH

• 5. Re: Premiere 13 crashed/freezed when adding text
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

wellsbridge

Do you also have Premiere Elements 13? And, on what computer operating system is it running?

Did you go through what Matthieurf described

After reinstalling PE13, the problem was still there.

So I created a new project with a new name in a new directory.

I found a lot of temporary files in the last directory that I deleted.

Since then, no freezing.

What happened when you opened your new project?

ATR

Add On...If you have not already, please review the thread content.

• 6. Re: Premiere 13 crashed/freezed when adding text
                    paul kr7870452

I'm also having the same troubles. Running on an AMD QuadCore processor 12 gb ram, 300+gb freespace left on laptop, Win8.

I have the video constructed, regularly rendered while working on it and saved.

Although my currently set location for projects saves is not the default. I keep them in a video project folder. (Is this contributing to the issue?)

I also have no unusual Characters in the Video File name. Nor is the video itself that complicated. Maybe consisting of 20 short clips and no longer than 4:30 minutes for the whole video length.

I can apply the Title Text to a video track, and adjust many settings of it, but when I try to select a text is exactly when it stalls, Premiere Elements 13 freezes, then crashes back to desktop.

I have looked all over today for answers on this issue, so far this thread is the best I have found. Please help.

I'm so close to complete, but it keeps crashing out.

Thanks.

• 7. Re: Premiere 13 crashed/freezed when adding text
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

paul kr

Please explain further

I can apply the Title Text to a video track, and adjust many settings of it, but when I try to select a text is exactly when it stalls, Premiere Elements 13 freezes, then crashes back to desktop.

It is not clear to me "...when I try to select a text...."?

Do you mean...

a. The Titler is closed and you click on the file at the Timeline track level to select it....and select for what?

When the Titler is closed and the title on the Timeline, if you need to edit the title, you double click it to open the Titler and

make do your title edits.

b. You are having trouble selecting the text with the Titler's Selection Tool when the Titler is open for edits.

c. Other

ATR

• 8. Re: Premiere 13 crashed/freezed when adding text
                        paul kr7870452 Level 1

I'm sorry. I wasn't very specific. Let try to be a little more clear, yet I think I have narrowed the problem down to a possible single text font.(For me anyway.)

I place a Title/Text on the timeline, then open the Title's options in the "Adjustments" tab in the Upper right corner of the Preview Screen area.

The First tab on the left (under Adjustments), there is an option to change the text "Font". My problem arose when trying to change the Font. However the specific issue I have narrowed it down to is the FONT specifically. I chose; "Stenciled Std." After several crashes out of the program while trying to apply "Stenciled Std" font, I decided to test several other fonts, about 10-20 I tested. None of them caused any issue for me at all. Everything function as one would expect and intuitively.

I think in my case (it may be a different but related issue for the other posters here) the issue appears to be trying to use Stenciled Std font on my titles. Which is a bummer because that is the exact one I was hoping to use. lol. I only crash out when trying to apply Stenciled Std font. (So far, I haven't tested every single font, but the ones I did caused no problems.)

Thanks for any help or updates.

• 9. Re: Premiere 13 crashed/freezed when adding text
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

paul kr

I tried the Stencil text in my Premiere Elements 13 on Windows 7 and 8.1 64 bit and did not have any problems.

So, there may be another reason other than font here although you latest report supports the core of your issue as the specific

Stencil  font.

ATR

• 10. Re: Premiere 13 crashed/freezed when adding text
                            chrisk39776543

I have the same problem with Premiere Elements 13. It started with adding a font Damn Noisy Kids which I used for ages, but then one day it started crashing

the game. Then other fonts began doing it, now adding text does it. If anyone has a fix for this I'd love it. It's so annoying having to find work arounds for

the crash. ie having to make a transparent image with the text I want, trying to find a way to make it align where I want it in an external program, when premiere

can do it, is really annoying.

• 11. Re: Premiere 13 crashed/freezed when adding text
                              A.T. Romano Level 7

chrisk

Are you saying that all these crashes strictly revolved around creating text in the Titler whether or not you used one of the Adobe fonts or you Damn Noisy Kids one?

If not, then we need to go through the usual drill questions...

1. Is your video card/graphics card driver version up to date according to the web site of the manufacturer of the card? How many cards are listed in Device Manager/Display Adapters?

2. Does the problem exist with or without antivirus and firewalls disabled?

3. Do you have any 3rd party fonts besides Damn Noisy Kids installed on your computer?

4. What are the properties of your Timeline, project settings? What is "the game"? If "the game" is not involved and you are using video from a HD camcorder, does the problem exist in Premiere Elements Titler or elsewhere there?

Please supply more information.

Thank you.

ATR

• 12. Re: Premiere 13 crashed/freezed when adding text
                                chrisk39776543 Level 1

Yes that is correct. Driver up to date, only one card listed. This happens on any video. Whether it's recorded with DxTory or Shadowplay. Whether it's

been rendered or not. All videos are constant frame rate. Yes this is a titling issue. ie When I click Titles & Text, set the size (55) select the font and Crash. As I

said, it started with Damn Noisy Fonts after working with it for 2 months, then it started crashing if I selected it. Now it crashes with many fonts I've used

before, and today it started crashing from just selecting the default Titles & Text.

Drill questions;

1. Nvidia 760 GTX 2Gb Ram.

2. Yes it happens when the Antivirus firewall is disabled too.

3. Yes I have quite a few third party fonts, and all have been used before in Premiere with no problems. Also I use them

in Gimp and also have no issues.

4. I don't know how to capture the project settings or properties. There's a pop up for timeline properties for a selection but I can't copy it.

The game is Grand Theft Auto V but it occurs with every video no matter the game. This is a Premiere Elements 13 issue ONLY.

All my fonts come from Fontspace.com and I've never found an issue with them. They ALL work perfectly in any other program, but

just crash Premiere. So I highly doubt it's anything to do with the fonts, otherwise other programs would crash when I use them.

As for not posting in the right area, it took me 30 minutes just to find the forum. Then I had to go through the ask thing and it

spat me here. So here is where I posted it. There needs to be a link to the forum and a subject list to make it easier.

As for the other threat I posted this on, I posted it then realised that threat was over a year old.

Thanks

Neon