• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Finding copy of RoboHelp 6

New Here ,
Mar 13, 2009 Mar 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to present a RoboHelp project in a school computer lab that only has RoboHelp 6. I want a copy of RH 6 so I can work on the project at home, but I can only find downloads for later versions. I heard that once I edit a file in RoboHelp 8, earlier versions will not be able to open it. An application that would convert RoboHelp 8 files so they could be read in RoboHelp 6 would also be helpful.

If you know where I could download RoboHelp 6 or a conversion application, please help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 14, 2009 Mar 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forum.

I don't want to think about your username!

You are correct that you cannot open RH8 projects in earlier versions, the same is true of RH7. To be more accurate, there are ways of opening the project in the strictest sense of the word "open" but you would not be able to save any some things would not work. Also there are no converters so don't waste time looking.

Your main chance is to Google RoboHelp 6. You will likely find some vendors who still have copies. Negotiate the price though. Their market for selling them to technical authors would be very limited. Someone like you is probably their only hope.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2009 Mar 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you implying that if I install RoboHelp 6, that I cannot and should not open older project files created in RoboHelp X5?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh nevermind. I found the answer to my question elsewhere.
RoboHelp always seems to be backwards compatible but not forwards compatible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Welcome to our community, rstang

Actually the reverse is true. You may typically only move from older versions to newer with ease. It's returning to an older version that becomes difficult.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp