1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 4, 2014 11:34 AM by Mathias17

Why doesn't my Cross References panel use meaningful names for each cross reference in the list?

Mathias17 Level 3

Creating a catalog.

I defined two "hyperlink destinations" and am using them as "cross references" in my table of contents.

I'll add many more cross references soon, but I need the Cross References panel to list them with meaningful names, so I can find and edit them easily.

Otherwise, I might be better off just updating the numbers manually when the catalog is updated (yuck).

Is there a way for the Cross References panel to use meaningful names without using the name in the actual text visible on the page?

Here's what I'm getting:

prptz.PNG

Just a dang pound sign, since my cross reference format simply inputs a page number on the page.

How do I know which is which?? I don't. I need more info in the Cross References panel.

If I add text to the cross reference format's definition, it's visible on the page, BUT does also get added to the Cross References panel.

namesadded.PNG

Close, but no cigar.

I can't allow anything other than the respective page number to appear on the page.

Any insights?