6 Replies Latest reply on Nov 3, 2014 6:51 AM by Roy - GCG

Suggest a feature page results in undeliverable mail

Roy - GCG Level 1

I've been trying to submit a feature request, but all I get is an email response that my submission could not be delivered. Since bug reporting doesn't seem to include bugs in their website/mail delivery, I figured posting here might get some response.

______

Delivery has failed to these recipients or distribution lists:

InDesign_WishFormBugs@adobe.com

Your message wasn't delivered because of security policies. Microsoft Exchange will not try to redeliver this message for you. Please provide the following diagnostic text to your system administrator.

Sent by Microsoft Exchange Server 2007

Diagnostic information for administrators:

Generating server: corp.adobe.com

InDesign_WishFormBugs@adobe.com
      #550 5.7.1 RESOLVER.RST.NotAuthorized; not authorized ##rfc822;dl-indesign_wishformbugs@namailhost.corp.adobe.com

The Actual feature request was…

*******Enhancement / FMR*********

Brief title for your desired feature: Table Sort

How would you like the feature to work?

Have a sort icon show in table headers and be able to choose multiple columns to sort the table by.

Why is this feature important to you?

Apartment directories often have the same info twice, once sorted by Apartment Number then Last Name then First Name, and a second table is used sorted by Last Name then First Name then Apartment Number.

Having to create two import files with the sort criteria and import each as a table then format each table is inefficient. Better to import single table, format, then make as many duplicates as necessary and change sorting within InDesign.