1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 31, 2014 7:40 PM by A.T. Romano

Batch Convert Wrote Over My Exisiting Files in the drop folder

Itobunny

I had edits in folder A. I batch converted the images (CR2 images) from folder B into Jpegs and selected folder A as the drop point. For some reason Photoshop elected to not inform me that it was going to write over the existing files with the same names. I had edited images saved as Jpegs in folder A that I hadn't renamed because I figured they would appear side by side, the edited and the unedited, as a completed folder ready to be burned to DvD. What can I do because those edits are now missing and I do not have the time to re-edit everything.

• 1. Re: Batch Convert Wrote Over My Exisiting Files in the drop folder
          A.T. Romano Level 7

itobunny

What program are you working with and on what computer operating system is it running?

Are you using some version of Photoshop or Photoshop Elements? If so, you have posted in the wrong forum. Your thread

somehow got posted in the Adobe Premiere Elements Forum (video editing).

If it is as I suspect, please re-post your thread in the either the Adobe Photoshop Elements Forum or the Adobe Photoshop Forum or wait for a moderator to see your thread and move it to one of those forums based on your reply to this here.

As an aside, if the files have been overwritten, I do not see how you are going to escape re-editing. I do not think that a system restore would handle this?

Please supply information requested above.

Thanks.

ATR