Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error in Unused Files Report.

Jun 29, 2007 Jun 29, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The report is definitely wrong! It shows files that I have deleted, and no longer exist in Windows Explorer view of that folder; and it incldues files that do exist and are in active use within the project.

Any ideas, anyone?

(RoboHelp HTML X6 build 099.)
www.authorgraphic.co.uk

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Files that exist and are in use may get falsely reported as unused. What's the filetype?

I have never seen it report a file that does not exist. Perhaps a file deleted from the project but not deleted via Windows Explorer but not a file that is not in Windows Explorer.

That's not to say I don't believe you, just that I have never known that.

My first step would be to take a copy of the project and delete the CPD file from it to see if that tidies things up.

Try that and post back.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

File type is .htm
I tried deleting cpd and rebuilding but it's exaclty the same.

Philip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hmm. The false reports I have seen have never included .htm.

How big is the project zipped and is it one you can send me? Don't send it yet?

If not, perhaps I could arrange to view this via Acrobat Connect. Allows me to see your PC but I cannot do anything except with your consent and you can stop that instantly.

Email me offline. I will be out most of tomorrow but will see email first thing in the morning.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp