3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 29, 2007 3:04 PM by Peter Grainge

Error in Unused Files Report.

Philip Tory Level 1
      The report is definitely wrong! It shows files that I have deleted, and no longer exist in Windows Explorer view of that folder; and it incldues files that do exist and are in active use within the project.

Any ideas, anyone?

(RoboHelp HTML X6 build 099.)
      www.authorgraphic.co.uk
        • 1. Re: Error in Unused Files Report.
          Peter Grainge Adobe Community Professional (Moderator)
          Files that exist and are in use may get falsely reported as unused. What's the filetype?

I have never seen it report a file that does not exist. Perhaps a file deleted from the project but not deleted via Windows Explorer but not a file that is not in Windows Explorer.

That's not to say I don't believe you, just that I have never known that.

My first step would be to take a copy of the project and delete the CPD file from it to see if that tidies things up.

Try that and post back.

• 2. Re: Error in Unused Files Report.
            Philip Tory Level 1
            Hi Peter,

File type is .htm
            I tried deleting cpd and rebuilding but it's exaclty the same.

Philip
            • 3. Re: Error in Unused Files Report.
              Peter Grainge Adobe Community Professional (Moderator)
              Hmm. The false reports I have seen have never included .htm.

How big is the project zipped and is it one you can send me? Don't send it yet?

If not, perhaps I could arrange to view this via Acrobat Connect. Allows me to see your PC but I cannot do anything except with your consent and you can stop that instantly.

Email me offline. I will be out most of tomorrow but will see email first thing in the morning.