3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 1, 2014 1:45 PM by A.T. Romano

Will Premiere Elements work with a Sony Handycam HDR-PJ380

piscitellim

I bought an avid studio video editing software that does not work with my Sony.  Looking at Premiere Elements 13.  Will that work with the SONY video language?

• 1. Re: Will Premiere Elements work with a Sony Handycam HDR-PJ380
          A.T. Romano Level 7

piscitellim

From what I have read of your Sony Handcam HDR-PJ380 video specifications, I would expect that you would be able to import, edit, and export one of its video recordings. Assuming you are not getting a AVCHD.avi file which is not supported by Premiere Elements. Best I can determine, you should be getting AVCHD.mts or AVCHD.mp4.

But, what do you mean by the "SONY video language"?

But, whatever the case, I would strongly encourage you to give the Premiere Elements 13 tryout a workout before purchasing it to assure that it is compatible with your computer environment, source media, and project goals.

Any questions or need clarification, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Will Premiere Elements work with a Sony Handycam HDR-PJ380
            piscitellim Level 1

I looked at one of the video files I imported from the camera and the file type was: AVCHD Video (.m2ts).   Will that file type be able to be edited using the Premiere Elements?

• 3. Re: Will Premiere Elements work with a Sony Handycam HDR-PJ380
              A.T. Romano Level 7

piscitellim

Thanks for the reply.

An AVCHD.m2ts file should be supported by Premiere Elements 13 Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit.

Do you have a Windows or Mac computer?

I would encourage you to give Premiere Elements 13 tryout a workout with your source video in your computer environment.

Please update us on your progress when you get a chance.

Thank you.

ATR