3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 15, 2014 4:31 AM by c.pfaffenbichler

Color wheel

j4644

Hi,

When correcting for a slight color cast many like to use the opposite color on the color wheel to remove it. Is there a way to numerically get the exact opposite color of the color cast from a color wheel. I am just using a generic color wheel and if I have a yellow cast I am using a photo filter with purple. Very rudimentary, I was hoping that I could find a better way to accomplish this.

Thank you,

Jim

• 1. Re: Color wheel
          c.pfaffenbichler Level 9

You could add 180˚ to the H component in the HSB numbers.

But quite frankly I wonder about the value of the approach you described.

• 2. Re: Color wheel
            j4644 Level 1

c.pfaffenbichler,

As I stated above, I know it is somewhat rudimentary but I have not figured out any better way at this point. I also need to add that I forgot to mention that I would like to use this method more for B and W neutral prints. At any rate, I am trying to quantify and identify the exact color cast one may get on a B and W print and then trying to neutralize that same cast with an adjustment layer of some sort. You seem to have another way around this, would you care to elaborate.

Thank you,

Jim

• 3. Re: Color wheel
              c.pfaffenbichler Level 9

If you are talking about b/w prints a Hue/Saturation Layer (with Saturation 0) or a Black & White Layer might be viable approaches.

Of course that is assuming that your output device is reliable, calibrated and capable so to speak.