0 Replies Latest reply on Nov 1, 2014 12:20 PM by streubie

Creating an multi-page, variable diptych package?

streubie

My goal is to be able to have a set of diptych/triptych templates that allow me to create and preview multiple layout configurations in a single custom package.

I started by creating 4 user templates, 600x447px diptych, 600x447 triptych, 447x600 diptych, and 447x600 triptych.I quickly realized these templates aren't good for much more than a single page preview. I can swap photos by dragging from the preview thumbnails, but I can't seem to copy the template onto multiple pages to test different photo combinations and placements and compare all in the same package. Additionally, there doesn't seem to be a way to easily bounce between templates- by clicking on a different template all my work is reset.

I thought I could avoid this issue, by creating another custom package at a specific size and create different layouts on each page. The only problem with that is, there also doesn't seem to be a way to duplicate a page, I would have to set up the individual cells for each new page, which is a bit awkward if I want to play around with many different photo combinations.

Is there a better way to do this, or am I stuck just creating one template at a time, exporting and then comparing all my variations as jpegs?