11 Replies Latest reply on Sep 28, 2015 6:19 AM by A.T. Romano

Installed Premiere Elements 13 and selected UK as my region, but the default project setting come up NTSC.

H Michael D

How can I change this to default for PAL? Working on Mac OS 10.9.5.

• 1. Re: Installed Premiere Elements 13 and selected UK as my region, but the default project setting come up NTSC.
          A.T. Romano Level 7

michael d

If you installed Premiere Elements 13 with the wrong country entry, then uninstall and reinstall the program with the correct country entry.

If you want to leave things as is, then consider setting the project preset yourself (manually) rather than letting the project do it for you automatically.

To do that:

1. Open the program to the Expert workspace, and use File Menu/New/Project and Change Settings.

2. In Change Settings, set the project preset to one under the NTSC or PAL major categories. Close out of Change Settings.

3. At this point, the new project dialog should appear. Make sure that you have a check mark next to "Force Selected Project Setting on this

Project". Close out of their.

4. Back in the Expert workspace, import your source media with the program's Add Media/Files and Folders/Project Assets from where you drag

the file(s) to the Timeline.

To verify your settings, check the readings for Editing Mode, Timebase, Frame Size, and Pixel Aspect Ratio under Edit Menu/Project Settings/General.

I am strictly an Elements Windows user, so verify if any of the above needs to be translated into Mac language.

Please review and consider. If I have mis-targeted your question, please supply more details.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Installed Premiere Elements 13 and selected UK as my region, but the default project setting come up NTSC.
            H Michael D Level 1

Thank you for your reply. I have tried uninstall and reinstall. I have PE 10 and uninstalled that in case there a conflict. It made no difference. I have reinstalled PE 10 which sets up as expected.

Also, is there not something about being able to adjust project settings to the media in a new project if there is nothing on the timeline?

regards,

H M Dawson

• 3. Re: Installed Premiere Elements 13 and selected UK as my region, but the default project setting come up NTSC.
              A.T. Romano Level 7

H.M. Dawson

If you designate your country as the United States during the installation of a program, then the project should open with the default project preset being

NTSC

AVCHD

Full HD1080i30

After you import your video source into the project and it arrives on the Timeline as the first file to that Timeline, the program

is supposed to set the project preset for this project according to the properties of that first file. So, if you have a 1920 x 1080@ 25 interlaced from per second file, the project's project preset will be changed automatically to from NTSC AVCHD Full 1080i30 to PAL AVCHD Full 1080i25.

PAL

AVCHD

Full HD1080i25.

If the project does not detect all the criteria it needs to set this project preset automatically, it does not give you the closest fit. It gives you its default. In this case, no PAL AVCHD Full 1080i25, rather NTSC AVCHD Full 1080i30.

That is the way it is on Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit. I would need to dust off my memory, but a do recall a way back the case of a UK Premiere Elements user who had problems with NTSC vs PAL. At this moment, I am not recalling all the details. I would need to go searching for those. You may need to contact Adobe on this NTSC PAL matter. This is not Adobe. Rather user to user.

Are you working with the Premiere Elements 13 tryout or purchased product?

The following is not part of the NTSC PAL matter, but it may be of interested related to Premiere Elements' automatic project settings.

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE11: Accuracy of Automatic Project Preset (New Project Dialog) Setting

More later.

ATR

• 4. Re: Installed Premiere Elements 13 and selected UK as my region, but the default project setting come up NTSC.
                Mitchell Remes Level 1

After years of being a Premiere user I decided to help out a local school in the UK and purchased Premiere Elements 13.  My software has defaulted to NTSC and I set my region to UK. The other idiotic thing about this program is that you can't change the default project settings so that the first initial blank project is in your prefered format.  Looking back on the forums people have been bemoaning this fact since at least version 7 and guess what not  single person at Adobe has adressed this.  Please don't tell me that I can change my projects settings after I have open up a project by selecting a new project and changing the settings, that is counter productive to 5-11 year olds, why shouldn't I be able to open the program and start using it in the format of my choice.  Yes I know that the program inteligently alters the footage to fit the format (NTSC is no good to me whatever), but there is also a warning in the help material that using a preset closer to your original import footage will make your play back more efficient.  As for the new preset you choose being sticky and should open the next time you launch the program, that is complete bollocks.  So Adobe have endeavoured to make a simplified editing platform; to mak it a no-brainer, but it needs to be opened twice, with extra steps just to start each new project in the prefered format. WHY!!!!  Well done Adobe, 13 chances to get this right and it still isn't, idiots obiously can't make a program idiot proof.

• 5. Re: Installed Premiere Elements 13 and selected UK as my region, but the default project setting come up NTSC.
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Mitchell Remes

Just in case mention...this is not Adobe, rather user to user forum. The frequency of appearance of Adobe Staff or its PRE_help team is not defined here.

Have you contacted Adobe direct to share your view of its product or filled out one of those Adobe Feature Request Bug Report Forms?

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform&loc=en

I presume that you know that 11, 12, and 13 are designed with the default project preset of NTSC AVCHD Full HD1080i30 or PAL AVCHD Full HD1080i25, not NTSC DV Standard or PAL DV Standard as in versions before 11.

For 11, 12, and 13, the expectation is that, when your source file is dragged to the Timeline for the first time, the project will automatically set a project preset to match the properties of your source. Is that not happening for you?  When you double check what the project has automatically set, do you see project settings correct for your particular video, or do you see Editing Mode = HD 1080i? Please refer to Edit Menu/Project Setting/General.

I do not work for Adobe, and I am not affiliated with Adobe in any way. Just a user of the programs who shares Premiere Elements information while visiting this forum.

I would be glad for the opportunity to work with you on troubleshooting your issues with Premiere Elements. But, I have no insider information nor contact with Adobe.

Thank you.

ATR

• 6. Re: Installed Premiere Elements 13 and selected UK as my region, but the default project setting come up NTSC.
                    KrFr Level 1

Hi there,

I am having the problem of Elements Premiere 14 defaulting all the time to

NTSC AVCHD Full HD1080i30 instead of PAL.

Live in Sweden  - during installation I selected Swedish as my language BUT it still installs in English - AMAZING!!!

• 7. Re: Installed Premiere Elements 13 and selected UK as my region, but the default project setting come up NTSC.
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

KrFr

Please confirm what computer operating system is involved with Premiere Elements 14.

Both Premiere Elements 13 and 14 are created by Adobe without the NTSC or PAL TV Profile choice during program installation, and problems have resulted for many looking for the PAL default project preset. I have written about this

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE 11, 12, 13: More About Project Presets

But, I would ask you to clarify....

a. You set Swedish as your language during program installation (Do you recall when and in how many places?)

b. When the program opens, are the menus and dialogs in Swedish or English?

c. Is the problem just that the default project preset is coming up as NTSC AVCHD Full HD 1080i30 instead of PAL AVCHD Full HD 1080i25?

Based on my earlier work, I do not believe that there is an Adobe answer then or now.

ATR

• 8. Re: Installed Premiere Elements 13 and selected UK as my region, but the default project setting come up NTSC.
                        KrFr Level 1

Hi there,

a.     Swedish was set as my language only once.

b.     The menus are in English.

c.     The problem is that the default project preset is coming up as NTSC AVCHD Full HD 1080i30 instead of PAL AVCHD Full HD 1080i50?

KF

• 9. Re: Installed Premiere Elements 13 and selected UK as my region, but the default project setting come up NTSC.
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

KrFr

Thanks for the reply.

I forgot to ask specifically - if you set the language as Swedish, what did you set as the country?

Were the settings set for language Swedish and country Sweden?

Depending on your answer, you might consider installing from the installation files from the following source and trying for language Swedish and country Sweden.

Adobe Photoshop Elements 14 Direct Download Links, Premiere too | ProDesignTools

Read carefully the web site's "Note: Very Important Instructions" to avoid getting an Access Denied message.

The major things to remember are

You go from this web site to Adobe to get signed in to Adobe, but then you go back to this web site to do the downloading. Do not install from the Adobe web page where you go to sign in.

These are tryout files into which you insert your purchased serial number.

And according to this web site, the offered installation files should include a choice for language = Swedish.

Please let us know the outcome as your schedule permits.

Thank you.

ATR

• 10. Re: Installed Premiere Elements 13 and selected UK as my region, but the default project setting come up NTSC.
                            KrFr Level 1

Hi – only for the language – nothing for the country.

Brgds,

KF

• 11. Re: Installed Premiere Elements 13 and selected UK as my region, but the default project setting come up NTSC.
                              A.T. Romano Level 7

KrFr

What happens if you set the language for Swedish and the country or region as Sweden?

ATR