2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 3, 2014 4:27 AM by adriancb

Clean install Yosemite - can't transfer Lightroom to new system - Creative Cloud says I have it, other progs fine.

adriancb

Hi Everyone

I've done a clean install of Yosemite on another hardrive - (Creative Cloud member) re-loading of all other software has worked fine.

Creative Cloud loader says I have Lightroom and it's uptodate - I haven't downloaded it onto the new system yet (clicking icon goes through basic install) - it wants a a serial number, I have checked on the Mavericks system and the last 4 digits are blanked.

I have signed out of Creative Cloud on Mavericks - returning to Yosemite, no change to Lightroom status.

Can anyone help with this situation - can't Uninstall Lightroom on old system, same in Yosemite, if I try to boot it from other drive/system (Mavericks) from Yosemite Trial version or serial number request, stuck with software I've rented and can't use.

Adrian CB

• 1. Re: Clean install Yosemite - can't transfer Lightroom to new system - Creative Cloud says I have it, other progs fine.
          RikkFlohr Adobe Community Professional

If it asks for a serial number it is not the CC version of Lightroom but the perpetual license version.

On your Yosemite installation, uninstall Lightroom.  Load the Adobe Creative Cloud app. Sign it out.  Sign back in using your Adobe Creative Cloud ID. LR should show up.  Install it via the App.

• 2. Re: Clean install Yosemite - can't transfer Lightroom to new system - Creative Cloud says I have it, other progs fine.
            adriancb Level 1

Hello Rikk

Many thanks for your reply.

Just to make it clear - I have not installed Lightroom 5 on the Yosemite system, it is only on the other hardrive and Mavericks. I have checked what is on Yosemite releating to Lightroom - there are 2 files for L5, one is in System - Library - App Support - Adobe, this file is a serial no. reference, the other is in User - Library - App Support - Adobe, these are a set of Folders for Presets, Sets & galleries etc..

From the CCloud loader Lightroom 5 will not allow Uninstall, there is nothing (program) to uninstall - it has occurred to remove the files I have mentioned to another drive and see if CCloud loader finally acknowledges it is not on the Yosemite system.

It does seem that these files are indicating to the CC loader prog that it is on Yosemite - so, if I removed the files - more particularly the serial number file - logged out of CCloud, logged back in and hope Lightroom is available to download. Do I continue if the download is for trial/serial number version - and then put back the serial number file to have it usable?

Regards Adrian CB