3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 2, 2014 9:30 PM by Rick Gerard

HELP! Multiple cameras aren't being rendered

kgnagi

Hello!!

I am new to after effects and am currently trying to teach it to myself while working on a project for a typography class.

The problem I am having is when I ram preview, my project is plays like it should but when I try to render my project all three cameras and the 3d text that is attached to them goes unrendered and during that part the screen is blank.

I've been told to use only one camera to avoid this but I don't want to take that for the answer. Correct me if I'm wrong, but if I can see it the way it should be in a ram preview there must be some way to render it and export it to be seen in other places than just stuck in the world of after effects.

Thanks for your help!!

• 1. Re: HELP! Multiple cameras aren't being rendered
          Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

The active camera is the top camera in your comp and the only camera that will render in the AME or the render cue. In recent versions of AE you can save a RAM preview but only the active camera view will render. It has always been that way.

• 2. Re: HELP! Multiple cameras aren't being rendered
            kgnagi Level 1

Thank you for your help. I saved the ram preview but the edges of the text which are associated with the cameras are pixelated. Is there any way to get around this or is that just a result of saving the ram preview?

• 3. Re: HELP! Multiple cameras aren't being rendered
              Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Using a saved ram preview in production isn't a very good idea. Your ram preview was probably not at 100% Zoom Factor and full resolution. This is very poor technique. You need to learn to use AE correctly. DO NOT rely on saving Ram Previews. They are limited in length and you have very little control on the render.

I am guessing that you wanted to render one of the custom views. These are orthographic views and have a different look than the perspective views you get with a camera. If you need to simulate a custom view then create a camera with an extremely long focal length and use the unified camera tool to move it into position.