This content has been marked as final. Show 7 replies
Could you be hitting the 25 topic limit with the trial version?
I don't think that's the problem. I don't think there is a 25 topic limit. This is a very LARGE project (over 3000 topics). Due to the crash, I have set about 1/2 the topics to print only and have have slowly been removing the print only condition to find the problem topic. Right now it's bulding fine with well over probably a 1000 topics...
I just need a way to find problem topic(s). A log file would be useful...
I don't believe there is such a file within RH but stand to be corrected on that. However I have always been advised there is a limit and yesterday someone was having problems until they reduced their trial project to 25 topics.
You say it is building so post back when it completes.
When it crashes, are you using a build expression?
What I mean by "building fine" is that the trial version has built fine with well over 1000 topics--repeatedly. I've been removing the print only condition one chapter (ie folder) at a time and then rebuilding without errors, trying to locate the topic or file that's causing the problem.
If there is no log file, is there at least a faster way to exclude and include files in a particular build?
Yes, I'm using conditional build expressions.
There is a problem with build expressions and tables with merged cells. See Snippet 69 on my site.
See if that could be an issue here?
Look in the WebHelp output folder in !SSL!. You should see the files that were generated before the crash. Try to figure out how RH is ordering them.
If you open the CPD file with MS Access, I think the topic list table is ordered by when they first entered the project, and (speculating here) RH probably follows that order when generating WebHelp. Compare the topic list table with the WebHelp directory in !SSL!.
I haven't proven this yet. Please post back on results.
I looked in the temporary output folder inside the appropriate subdirectory in !SSL! but it looks like all the files are there. In any case, I'm fairly certain I'm experiencing the same problem Peter mentioned in his post about the conditional build tags and merged tables. I did a build without any conditional build tags and things worked fine. With conditional build tags I still get the crash.
Conditional Build Tags and Merged Table Cells Bug