Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

access employee email?

Explorer ,
Nov 03, 2014 Nov 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

My client needs to access the email of an employee who will be leaving the company (unbeknownst to the employee).

The password retrieval goes to the employee's alternate email address. So I cannot change the password to gain access

without him knowing or being involved.

Is there a way to gain access to this business email account?

Thank you,

Tricia

TOPICS
Newbie Corner

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 03, 2014 Nov 03, 2014

This would be a massive security issue if you could do that Tricia so of course your not able to. You would have to speak to support about changing the alternate email and see if they can send the reset password to that but I guess they would need some verifications for that.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Nov 03, 2014 Nov 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This would be a massive security issue if you could do that Tricia so of course your not able to. You would have to speak to support about changing the alternate email and see if they can send the reset password to that but I guess they would need some verifications for that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 05, 2014 Nov 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Liam,

In the future, I will discuss with customers how they want email accounts setup.

I was giving the password reset ability to employees but perhaps this isn't the best choice in all cases.

For example, if an employee quits or gets fired, the company would still need access to the business emails in the employee's email account.

Thank you,

Tricia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 05, 2014 Nov 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

And in those cases, with a few checks I guess, You can contact BC to do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines